Firing Sequence

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Hello All
I was wondering what the firing sequence is for our bikes. :ummm: Read through the tech manual a bit and didnt see it.
Plus I am assuming it is an "even firing engine" since it is a four cylinder:confused2::confused2:

Cheers
Fargo

Fargo, it's 1-3-4-2. It's in the INSP-ADJ section on page 2-6 of my factory manual.

I take that back...the manual is wrong. Firing order is 1-3-2-4.

I'm not sure what the difference is between odd and even? Doesn't odd mean that a pair of cylinders fire relative to each other where even means that each cylinder fires a fixed amount of degrees from each other?

I do know the Vmax basically runs like two vtwin engines. Cylinder 1 and 3 fire 180* apart and then there's 70* before cylinder 2 fires. Cylinder 4 fires 180* after cylinder 2. So cylinders 2/4 are 70* out of phase with cylinders 1/3.

I don't think any V engine with shared rod journals is capable of being even fire where every combustion event happens in evenly spaced increments counted in degrees of rotation......:confused2::confused2:

I don't think any V engine with shared rod journals is capable of being even fire where every combustion event happens in evenly spaced increments counted in degrees of rotation......:confused2::confused2:

I didnt think so either, thanks

Cheers

Ya, v8 fires every 90 degrees. Common rod journal too!

Back