Fishing With A Hand Grenade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
This was a really bad idea. Throw It, Don't Drop It...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

184460.gif

Stupid is as stupid does . They got what they deserved!

Hey, watch this....Are you hurt? What? I can't hear you! I said, are you OK? I think my watch stopped working. What? My ears are ringing. Did it work? What? I can't hear you. Let's go in. No, let's go in instead.
That grenade was a strong one! What? My ears are ringing. I said, look at at the water coming through the floor. Hey, there's water coming up through the deck, we better go in don't you think? No time for that, turn on the bilge pumps and lets head in, and dump the rest of those grenades overboard. We better get rid of the grenades before we go in don't ya think?

What we have here is a failure to count properly. I know nothing about such ordinance, do all granades detonate at a certain count or are their variations.
Maybe mislabled/mismarked surplus? How fast they go boom is important, no?
Great find Grumpy!

Not sure why they went off so quickly. Regular grenades take about 10 seconds to detonate. I can't really tell if they ” cooked off” the grenades before they dropped them. I can tel you from experience that letting the grenade cook off in your hand for a few seconds before throwing it is a nerve-racking practice. Although it is proper procedure for certain situations.

That was SO stupid I can't believe it. :looser:

In Massachusetts you can't Bass fish that way without a grenade permit. And, only 2 fish per day at 28" minimum. The fish must be in one piece too. I'm not sure the state cares about the fisherman though.

In Massachusetts you can't Bass fish that way without a grenade permit. And, only 2 fish per day at 28" minimum. The fish must be in one piece too. I'm not sure the state cares about the fisherman though.

You're not too far off Steve...Be carefull what you wish for...Someone on Beacon Hill might get an idea...:ummm:

I was working for the county & there was a demo of a bridge foundation in the Intracoastal Waterway in Hallandale Beach FL. I went in a police dept. boat to be an observer (my dept was the control for the county's explosives storage and use) and when they set-off the charges, there was a kill-off of fishes in the area, and the shore was lined w/people using long pole nets to scoop'em up as they floated to the surface and then the sea wall.

I bet the guy photographing those idiots was glad that he volunteered to be the photog!

Hey, watch this....Are you hurt? What? I can't hear you! I said, are you OK? I think my watch stopped working. What? My ears are ringing. Did it work? What? I can't hear you. Let's go in. No, let's go in instead.
That grenade was a strong one! What? My ears are ringing. I said, look at at the water coming through the floor. Hey, there's water coming up through the deck, we better go in don't you think? No time for that, turn on the bilge pumps and lets head in, and dump the rest of those grenades overboard. We better get rid of the grenades before we go in don't ya think?

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::clapping::clapping:

Awesome script writing :rofl_200: I am glad I do not have dentures or I would have spit them out and launched them at my computer.

G

Grenade experience............

One of my first hand grenade experiences taught me that nobody should ever stand up to fling a grenade at an armored personnel carrier that has a .50 cal. MG mounted in an armored turrent on top. Especially if the machine gun is handled by an experienced gunner (he was) & he saw where the grenade flingers ducked(he did).

Also, never fling a grenade at anyone that is out of your throwing range. Most especially if the guy has a map case full of frag grenades, a lot better throwing arm than you(Thanks to baseball coach ), and a guy on a .50 cal. machine gun making you duck & cover.

You'll piss off the guy with the .50 cal. mg, and the guy with loaded map case. If they were available (they ain't) for comment; your buddies would probably say it pissed them off too.........but only for about as long as it took for that guy to empty that map case. :confused2:

The dweebs in the boat may have had some North Viet Namese ancestry.
Dumbasses!!!:bang head:

Jester 42

"I love the sound of grenades I threw exploding............sounds like............pay back" !

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::clapping::clapping:

Awesome script writing :rofl_200: I am glad I do not have dentures or I would have spit them out and launched them at my computer.

G
Both you guys are funny as hell.Thanks dave.Needed a laugh:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Not sure why they went off so quickly. Regular grenades take about 10 seconds to detonate. I can't really tell if they ? cooked off? the grenades before they dropped them. I can tel you from experience that letting the grenade cook off in your hand for a few seconds before throwing it is a nerve-racking practice. Although it is proper procedure for certain situations.

Always good to read the manual first :rofl_200:
Russian hand grenades are designed to explode as soon as they hit something, not after a preset delay like with NATO hand grenades.
They can be set to explode after a delay but the default is on impact.

Back