Fork length

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supercleanery

Reaction score
I don't have a Vmax and I need to know: How long are the standard forks? I mean from the top of the fork to the middle of the axle hole.

I can't find the data on the web, so if anyone could post it for me that would be cool -- Thanks!

I would appreciate this info as well. I have a 93 max which I bought a couple of years ago and am not sure if the front-end/forks were lowered....how do I go about figuring this out cos if it has not been done I would like to do so.

Any links anywhere for methods? I won't be doing this myself but I could take the instructions to one of friends who can help.

supercleanery said:
I don't have a Vmax and I need to know: How long are the standard forks? I mean from the top of the fork to the middle of the axle hole.

I can't find the data on the web, so if anyone could post it for me that would be cool -- Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the VMax Forum!

As I measure my 2006 from the top of the upper triple clamp to the centre of the axle, I come up with approx 33 3/8". I hope this helps.

G Man

edit:
p.s.: That was measured with the bike sitting on its sidestand.

Last edited:
Great! That works out to about 84.75cm, which is about the same as my bike's 84cm forks.

Thanks.

I'd like to extend my forks about 4-6 inches ( I have a 250 fat max ) is this a viable option to the $2000 dollar raked triple triple tree? Any info would help. Thanks

A raked triple is asking for some big trouble. You need to rake the frame! Raked triples are only for show and screw up the rake/trail ratio (do some research if you don't understand what I am talking about). Then, use Jedi's info and swap over an inverted Harley front end which comes in a ton of lengths and under $1000 including chromed triples and huge forks.

Sean

Latest posts

Back