Fork seal removal help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donald02max

Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the oil seals on the forks of my 02 vmax without disassembling the forks. I only want to replace the seals not rebuild the whole system. Help

That idea had crossed my mind. Just wanted someone to tell me I wasn't crazy. Is there any way get the oil out of the forks without removing the Allen bolt in the bottom of the fork. The reason I ask is I have had a leak for sometime and I have no clue how much oil is in each fork.

Pour the oil out the top and pump the forks to get the fluid out from below the valving.

Sean

Thanks Sean I plan to dive in this weekend. I feel much better about taking this adventure for a ride. Love doing my own work have just never worked on forks before Here I go.

Thanks Sean I plan to dive in this weekend. I feel much better about taking this adventure for a ride. Love doing my own work have just never worked on forks before Here I go.

If the oil has been in there for a long time there will probly be lots of dirty, sludgy crap hanging around on the bottom....especially with the seals leaking allowing dust & crap in too. I like to wash all that out....start fresh, it's also a great time to upgrade to progressive springs.

They really aren't that complicated, read up on the procedure and give it a whirl! Lots of guys on here to help you out if you get stuck.

Back