fork springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
Hey guy's aren't the front STOCK springs an even spaced wined from one end to the other? Progressive are tight at one end and wider at the other.

I don't have mine in front of me but I am 99% sure they are progressive. The Race-Techs I have now are NOT progressive. I have Race-Techs in both of my bikes and love them.

Chris

Chris is correct, the factory spring are very weak progrissvely wound springs, they are so weak because they are counting on the air bladders to make up for the difference. I installed race tech springs with ricor intiminator and would never go back.

Richard

what and how much of a spacer you guys use with the race tech springs??? they are a lot shorter, or at least the ones i got. not installed yet.

what and how much of a spacer you guys use with the race tech springs??? they are a lot shorter, or at least the ones i got. not installed yet.

The length of the spacer will be different for each rider, as it is based on your weight. The spacer will determine the correct sag for your bike.

Interesting.
I ask because I to am installing the Ricor intiminators and planned on using the stock springs as recommended instead of my progressive, after searching for hours I couldn't and still can't find my stockers:bang head: I got a set from a buddy to install. When I picked them up I thought they were after market because of the staged coils. I could of sworn my stockers were equal all the way down. probably mistaken.
OK so I'm tossed now between what springs to install. Guess I could try the stock ones and switch later on to see what the difference is. Ricor said the best benefit was with stock. Thoughts?

naughty really liked his progressive and ricor's

Interesting.
I ask because I to am installing the Ricor intiminators and planned on using the stock springs as recommended instead of my progressive, after searching for hours I couldn't and still can't find my stockers:bang head: I got a set from a buddy to install. When I picked them up I thought they were after market because of the staged coils. I could of sworn my stockers were equal all the way down. probably mistaken.
OK so I'm tossed now between what springs to install. Guess I could try the stock ones and switch later on to see what the difference is. Ricor said the best benefit was with stock. Thoughts?

I'd go with the what Ricor recommends and use the stock springs. It saves you from buying aftermarket springs.

I have the Ricors with Progressive springs. I'm actually going to try the stock springs with the Ricors as the current set-up is pretty harsh.

Well it looks like I have a test lab.:eusa_dance:
Please do tell after your swap. I'm not even road worthy for at least 3 months but Id like your feed back on the difference.
Kenny

Well it looks like I have a test lab.:eusa_dance:
Please do tell after your swap. I'm not even road worthy for at least 3 months but Id like your feed back on the difference.
Kenny

"Lab rat", "Assistant", man the verbal abuse I take.:ummm:

I'll let you know when I change them out. Maybe a few weeks or so.

Um yeah...I'm gonna need those results by the end of the week!:biglaugh:

I kidd...no prob. Oh and, thanks for being a great lab ra....assistant.:punk:

I believe the stockers are all progressive wound. I put in new Progressive springs in last weekend and found then to be about 1/2 inch shorter than the ones I removed. I liked the way my bike handled though (new rear's too) No air and 15w oil.
Steve

I believe the stockers are all progressive wound. I put in new Progressive springs in last weekend and found then to be about 1/2 inch shorter than the ones I removed. I liked the way my bike handled though (new rear's too) No air and 15w oil.
Steve

trying to figure out what oil to go with on my 1" lowered springs myself. howd u feel about 15w? most things i've read progressive says to go with stock (which is 10w)...

Chris is correct, the factory spring are very weak progrissvely wound springs, they are so weak because they are counting on the air bladders to make up for the difference. I installed race tech springs with ricor intiminator and would never go back.

Richard
Race tech w/ gold emulators on the ' 90 are an excellent upgrade from my 18 year old stock springs. I wouldn't waste the time on stock springs again , even with the Ricors . How old are the stock springs you have ? Did Ricor recommend using old stock springs or are they assuming you have some newer stock springs ?

trying to figure out what oil to go with on my 1" lowered springs myself. howd u feel about 15w? most things i've read progressive says to go with stock (which is 10w)...

I used 10w with progressive and 1" lowered internal. I liked it, I'm just wanting to try the Ricor's to see if theres more silver lining to this ride. No reason why you shouldn't like that set up. my 2c.

Back