Fuel in a/f mixture hole

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FIRELS1

Reaction score
I just have some rubber boots shoved into the mixture screw holes to protect them from getting dirt in. I removed one and noticed fuel in the hole. Anyone seen this? Is it a concern? Thanks

I had one like that too. An O-Ring will fix it.
Just be sure you get any pieces of the old one out...

What's sad is, if you'd buy em by the thousand, they used to be less than $20.00... Course they're probably Made in China now.:ummm:

Is it possible that a bad o-ring or one that's slightly flattened over the years would make it so the A/F screw made no difference when adjusting?

Is it possible that a bad o-ring or one that's slightly flattened over the years would make it so the A/F screw made no difference when adjusting?

It's possible, but it might be more likely that there is some clogging in the carb or an air leak.

Spray some wd40, starting fluid, or propane from a torch(unlit) around the carbs and such. If you get any idle fluctuations chances are you have an air leak. If there is no change in the idle, try some seafoam in the tank.

Also, sync your carbs first(this will screw you up if way off), set the idle to spec. or lower for adjusting purposes.If you still get no responce, I'd remove the needles for inspection. Check the ends for crud. Then try the A/F screws again. +1 to seafoam or your preferred fuel treatment. It can never hurt.
You can replace all 4 needle sets, with springs o-rings and washers for $25 plus shipping, if you need them.

Last edited:
you can unfold a small paper clip and make a lil hook on the end of it. use it to get the washer and o ring out of the AF hole if its stubborn. sometimes they stay in the hole:rofl_200:

Back