Fuel mist above #2 carb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deekjx

Reaction score
I performed the shotgun procedure on two of my carbs. The #1 carb was backfiring and I fixed this by sealing a small hole on the diaphragm attached to its slide. I noticed after doing the procedure that the #2 carb created a mist above the carb. You can see it if you look closely on this video between 38-41 second mark.

My questions are, what causes this, how do I fix it, and is it an actual problem?

I set the idle mixture screw back to its original position and even tried going slightly lean or slightly rich from there. I don't know if it was doing this prior to the shotgun procedure. Its the only carb doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3-h5t_JQQ

Couldn't really see it, but from your description, maybe not a problem.
Maybe balancing will straighten it out.

I recall seeing a shot in one of the magazines of a hard-running engine on the bench, and all the carbs had a semi-circular haze above the carb bell mouths. They had velocity stacks. The headers were incandescent orange-red for a few inches. Supposedly this vapor cloud is ok at certain areas of the revband as the fuel metering dumps into the intake tract and the pressure waves set up by the valve train opening & closing are partly causing it.

I didn't see your video show it, I looked several times but no-go. Check your float level.

Mine was doing the exact same thing on that same carb.
I turned the A/F Scew on that carb in about 1/4 turn and it isn't doing that anymore.
But it world probably be worth checking the Float Level to be sure it set correctly.

Thanks everyone for the response. I'll try another slight adjustment and check my floats. If that doesn't do it, I'll not worry about till after I replace my exhaust and need to reject.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back