Greetings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t1n0m3n

Reaction score
Howdy.
New 2009 Vmax owner here. I actually pick up my new baby tomorrow.
I have been in lust with the Vmax since 1985 when they first came out.
I have owned 2 previous and this one will be my third Vmax.

I am a long time rider, recently recovering from my stint of Italian bikes. My 2004 Aprilia Tuono got stolen and recovered (though totaled by the insurance.)
Anyway, the VERY DAY, that I got my insurance check, the fine people over here at the oldest Yamaha dealer in the USA called me up and said that they had a Vmax available. I told Lucy (awesome gal) "I will be in to purchase the bike today." If I had not gotten the check, I would have said the same thing, however. I have long said that I would sell my left nut to own this bike. Lucy made sure that I got a "demo ride" on my new bike today, so I have already gotten a taste of this incredible bike.

Anyway, I am stoked to be a part of the few that get the pleasure of owning this icon. I pick up my 2009 VMax tomorrow at noon. :clapping:

:party:

welcome to the site! :clapping:Congrats on your 09 VMAX! I am sure you wont be able to sleep till you pick her up. You must feel like an 8 yr old on Christmas eve.
Post some pics of your new ride!

Howdy.
New 2009 Vmax owner here. I actually pick up my new baby tomorrow.
I have been in lust with the Vmax since 1985 when they first came out.
I have owned 2 previous and this one will be my third Vmax.

I am a long time rider, recently recovering from my stint of Italian bikes. My 2004 Aprilia Tuono got stolen and recovered (though totaled by the insurance.)
Anyway, the VERY DAY, that I got my insurance check, the fine people over here at the oldest Yamaha dealer in the USA called me up and said that they had a Vmax available. I told Lucy (awesome gal) "I will be in to purchase the bike today." If I had not gotten the check, I would have said the same thing, however. I have long said that I would sell my left nut to own this bike. Lucy made sure that I got a "demo ride" on my new bike today, so I have already gotten a taste of this incredible bike.

Anyway, I am stoked to be a part of the few that get the pleasure of owning this icon. I pick up my 2009 VMax tomorrow at noon. :clapping:

Welcome. Congrats on the new bike. From the feedback on here the bike is a beast. There are quite a few 09 owners on here and a lot of great guys in general. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Take care and ride safe.

Welcome to the group. as you read through the posts, you'll see there are a fine bunch of ppl that write here. Enjoy that GenII and stay safe.:punk:

Congrats on the new bike.
Let us know what the last No#'s of the VIN are. I'm kinda curious how many are out. I'm Still waiting for mine.:bang head:

Sweet. It all worked out in the end. Some hoodlum figured you needed to get a new bike and helped you out in the decision making by getting rid of your Tuono.

Sean

Congrats on your new ride.

The wife and I bumped into a very nice man named Steve from your part of Oklahoma while in Eureka Springs AR last Saturday. I got goose bumps all over just standing there looking at it. I believe Steve said he was from Muskogee. I think he works at the VA there.

Anyway, very nice bike.

My vin is 475. I was out riding it today. Didn't want to come in even though I was freezing... lol This bike is everything I wanted and more. I needed a long distance bike (or rather longER distance bike the Brute aint for long distance at all) for commuting to OKC, and was looking at several different bikes. I was almost all set to pull the trigger on a Spyder, when this one came available.

I got the bags, the pillion cap, pillion backrest, and both the touring and boulevard windshields. They are on order, so I don't really know when any of the accessories will come in.

Tonight I got on the bike fairly hard. The rear tire needs to be a car tire to get this thing to hook up. lol Holy crap this thing hauls. It is like my previous maxes, only x 10. This bike is so far over the top it is scary.
I love the sound of the exhaust. It is quiet, which I like, but it is a deep mellow tone. The "butt-stop" seems deeper and holds you in the seat better than a gen 1. My initial impressions of the seat are a lot better than the gen 1, but I will find out more accurately once I have made a few 100+ days. In the sun... Dayum, the bike is not totally black. I see some reddish metallic flake in there! This bike visually pops in the sunlight. The on-board dash is very cool, I haven't gone all through the options, but it seems to have a lot of them. The shift light works VERY well, it grabs your attention nicely. One bonus is I think it probably looks cool to the person you are smoking off the light since it is probably very visible from behind. This bike feels more "down in" as opposed to the "perched on top" feeling of the gen 1. After taking a few cloverleafs cautiously (still got slippery tires) I can tell that this is going to be fairly nice in the twisties.

So, the first thing I have done is adjust the slack out of the throttle. What is it with dealers setting up the throttle with as much slack as possible? I like the throttle setup with as little slack as possible. (Zero being ideal.) I will see tomorrow if I set it too tight. hehe

I'll get some pics of the beast up tomorrow.
I expect that I will be fiddling with the adjustments for a while tonight. :)

zero play on the throttle is never a good idea. Too much sure isn't good, but a little is needed, it creates a safety margin that I hope you will not need!

Safety margin? I don't get it. Safety margin for what?
Every bike I have ever had, I have set up with no play at all.

I am definitely interested in hearing any safety issues of setting the throttle with zero play.

Back