Ground cable kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed a set, as well as the hd starter kit. Very simple install and high quality workmanship. I think I coulda have made my own outta what looks like 12 maybe 10 gauge, but call me lazy. I have no regrets--I'll take consolation in trying to make my own cops harness hehehehe.

regards from my tapatalking android...

I installed a set, as well as the hd starter kit. Very simple install and high quality workmanship. I think I coulda have made my own outta what looks like 12 maybe 10 gauge, but call me lazy. I have no regrets--I'll take consolation in trying to make my own cops harness hehehehe.

regards from my tapatalking android...

Well ,I got the rr off and wire brushed everything and the ground wire is very small.So the ground cable kit wire will replace this small brown wire thats connected with a small phillips screw?.I need a repair manual for the max for DUMMIES.

No. Actually, the ground kit will connect the housing of the R/R directly to the battery. You would attach the kit's "R/R" terminal to one of the R/R's mounting screws

Ok now I just have to order the kit.Checked my battery before starting the bike today and I was putting out 12.2volts and it cranked up very fast and fired right up.

No. Actually, the ground kit will connect the housing of the R/R directly to the battery. You would attach the kit's "R/R" terminal to one of the R/R's mounting screws

If I do the mod where you run a 10 gauge wire with 30 amp fuse to plus side of batt and run the black wire to the left side cover is there a need for the ground kit?.

i don't remember what the original ground cable looked like, but the ground kit provides more than just provide a better ground for the r/r; it also provides a cleaner, "bigger" path for the frame and engine ground signal. as you pile, or if you pile, on more electrical devices, the more load is placed on the wiring. i don't know if you were into car audio, but for example, the first thing that pro installers do is the Big 3 upgrade, which involves a more robust ground cable, to allow the amps and caps to "breath".

you can diy it by stringing 10 gauge from the battery to the engine, 14 gauge from the battery to the frame, and 14 from the battery to the r/r.

Back