HD Action cam

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some Ram mounts that I found on Amazon. As you will notice one is a suction mount with a ball on it. I already have a few different sized arms that I used for my GPS. I bought a twist lock suction mount and it holds very well.
I picked up a ball mount that fits into the clamp bolts for the handlebar. I mounted it and it should work well.
I also got this ball mount (2 actually) that I originally planned to use on my unused mirror mounts but now that I have them I can see the could be used anywhere for different camera angles.

Are you guys relying on the suction cup mounts by themselves? Or are you adding double-faced tape? Velcro? Tethering it? Lets see some pics of the mounts your using. I just picked up an Emerson camera and need some ideas.

Are you guys relying on the suction cup mounts by themselves? Or are you adding double-faced tape? Velcro? Tethering it? Lets see some pics of the mounts your using. I just picked up an Emerson camera and need some ideas.

I used double sided tape on mine.. My Emerson didn't come with a suction cup, you can see my mounting on page 2 though.. That mount didn't work so great though because there was "slop" between where the mount snaps into the base, first video had a bunch of shaking in it.. I modified it by taking an old summit racing sticker double stacked and then trimmed to fit the mount to act as a shim, I used a sticker because it already has adhesive on the one side and just needed a little shim material to take the slop out of it... I also tightened up my windshield a bit and I'm thinking between the two modifications it should be alright now because it's rock solid now... Weather is supposed to be nice this weekend so I'll try it again then and let you guys know how it works.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366939690423.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366939690423.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 17
Ohh and forgot to mention, the double sided tape on the base holds perfectly to at least 135mph :)

thanks for some insight Scott......I'm a newbie for this tech obviously......need to keep my learning curve to a min.....want to be a pro well before Thunder....:punk:

No problem bud, I went with that location so I could start and stop recording while riding because I can easily reach the buttons..

Can you easily pull stills off the video of these? Thinking about picking one up... how's the image stabilization?

It's no GoPro that's for sure, it takes video pretty much like you'd expect from a $40 camera but I think it'll be acceptable for what I wanna do. I think you can pull stills from windows movie maker but I just used it to trim my video and didn't pull any stills.. I'll upload my short video, there's a lot of vibration but I think I got that one whipped now but it'll give you guys an idea of what to expect...

Can you easily pull stills off the video of these? Thinking about picking one up... how's the image stabilization?

Just pulled a still from the video using windows movie maker and it worked fine, the still is the same quality as the video... Like I said I didn't really expect much out of this thing but for $40 I had to try it... At least I'm getting the mounting location and everything figured out so when I can afford it I can buy a better camera but for now this one will be just fine I think, mainly got it for POV video at the drag strip :)

That's my friend Kevin on his ZX12 and I don't want no part of that bike LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMR6qtMxMTE&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for this - looking for some video for a tail of the dragon run next month. $40 is super tempting but I might spring for a used GoPro or something.

I'd like to drop a bucket of money but beyond this trip I don't see myself using it much. Illinois is rather boring for video purposes.

Thanks for this - looking for some video for a tail of the dragon run next month. $40 is super tempting but I might spring for a used GoPro or something.

I'd like to drop a bucket of money but beyond this trip I don't see myself using it much. Illinois is rather boring for video purposes.

Next time I ride I'll take some more video so you can have a better idea of a stable mount.. If it still sucks then I just wasted $40 so no huge deal but like I said I'm fairly confident this camera will work for what I want to use it for..

Just pulled a still from the video using windows movie maker and it worked fine, the still is the same quality as the video... Like I said I didn't really expect much out of this thing but for $40 I had to try it... At least I'm getting the mounting location and everything figured out so when I can afford it I can buy a better camera but for now this one will be just fine I think, mainly got it for POV video at the drag strip :)

+1....my plan too...........

So which camera mounts are you guys using?
And where are you mounting them on the bike?

I seem be having trouble finding usable mounting locations now that I went looking for them.

I just used what came with the camera, if you look back through the thread I posted pics of how I did mine..

I use a setup from Ram Mount.
You can build your own and they're really great quality. I've has 0 issues with mine.

archangel20132.jpg

52588845903385078930910.jpg

I've also been looking at shock mounts to see if I can cure the waviness caused by bar vibrations with the emerson camera. Might have to just add a couple plates with foam or rubber bushing between them.

Back