Sub-harness questions for COPs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

My bike: 1988

Ok, So, I've just purchased some Denso 129700-4400 ignition coils (COPs), and I'm wanting to make my own sub-harness (seems like the easiest/cheapest way to go for me).
I've done quite a few hours reading up on all that I can about this, but I'm looking for a bit of reassurance regarding the resistors. I have a slight bit of uncertainty after too much download :D. What I'm aiming at is the following, should they do the trick? Also, because I do not currently have the bike in hand, does anyone know the gauge and lengths of wires to use? TIA
cop resistors.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

My bike: 1988

Ok, So, I've just purchased some Denso 129700-4400 ignition coils (COPs), and I'm wanting to make my own sub-harness (seems like the easiest/cheapest way to go for me).
I've done quite a few hours reading up on all that I can about this, but I'm looking for a bit of reassurance regarding the resistors. I have a slight bit of uncertainty after too much download :D. What I'm aiming at is the following, should they do the trick? Also, because I do not currently have the bike in hand, does anyone know the gauge and lengths of wires to use? TIA
View attachment 93085
Why do you want to run C.O.P.s?

1. The current cables and plugs on the bike are a mix-mash
  2. I like the look of the COPs
  3. It's slightly cheaper for me to go this route. I can do the complete set-up for less than $150aud, and all the parts to the sub-harness will be new.
  4. I make wiring harnesses on a daily basis for operating tables; so, doing so for the bike will not be an issue
  5. A number of other forum members have done this and feel that it is a worthwhile mod; however, there is some discrepancy as to what resistors work best for this year of bike.
  6. I'll be stripping down a lot of the bike and redoing things, so I might as well add the COPs to the list. Carbs are next.
Cheers

Back