Help, not firing on one cylinder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resnatron

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a 91 Max that I bought used. Had all sorts of carb problems that I got sorted and it ran ok. Then it started running rough again. I checked the plug wires and coils and it wasn't firing on two cylinders. So I ditched the coils and plug wires and installed some COP"s from a sportbike. Voila, fired on all 4 and ran great for about 6 weeks. Really great. Now, it;s not firing on one cylinder. Here's what I have done.

I swapped the COP from a good cylinder; no change., and the COP from the bad cylinder worked fine on the good cylinder. Swapped plugs with a good cylinder; no change. Took off the airbox lid and dribbled some gas in the bad cylinder to see if it was a fuel issue; no change. Checked continuity between old coil plug and COP; good connection. Kind of at a loss at what is could be unless TCI issue or bad connection further upstream. Any ideas?

Update: Never mind, check some more and it IS getting fire in that cylinder so must be a carb issue or something else. Sorry.

Last edited:
vacuum leak then? check the rubbers by spraying some carb or brake cleaner around it to see if idle changes.

Back