HELP !!!! went for a ride shut off 85 DIED!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so elimate the stator plug har wire that and then run the red wire from the R/R to the battery?? what do i do with the red wire coming out of the harness ?? or do i connect that wire to the battery and just cut the red wire completely from the R/r and just leave enough to put a connector and shrink wrap and leave it ?

I can't say anything else helpful that isn't detailed in my thread. I sent you my ph# if you need more help, or I'll probably be home in the next week or two I could stop by and help you with this in person if you want.

More than likely it's a combination of several problems. My bike had huge wiring losses, a bad R/R, and a stator that only worked when cold, all compounding the loss of voltage.

ok guys !!!!! got it !!!!! problem fixed !!!!!! bike starts right up pulling around 13-14 runs better than ever max will be riden to work everyday now !!!! safe riding !!!! AND I was on 787 at6 am and a guy decided to throw his half drank coffee out the window and where do you think it landed??!?!?! on my left shoulder GREAT WAY TO START MY DAY !! BUT I LOOKED DOWN had a smile on my face bc im on the VMAX DROPPED TO 4TH AND BOOKED ...... BYE BYE !!!!!

ok guys !!!!! got it !!!!! problem fixed !!!!!! bike starts right up pulling around 13-14 runs better than ever max will be riden to work everyday now !!!! safe riding !!!! AND I was on 787 at6 am and a guy decided to throw his half drank coffee out the window and where do you think it landed??!?!?! on my left shoulder GREAT WAY TO START MY DAY !! BUT I LOOKED DOWN had a smile on my face bc im on the VMAX DROPPED TO 4TH AND BOOKED ...... BYE BYE !!!!!

I carry a few 7/16 nuts is my pocket for assholes like that...Just drop them over your shoulder as you go by....makes a pretty spider web out of any window

Glad you got the problem sorted....

Don't you love it when cagers chuck shit out the window? I wonder if they're just totally oblivious, or doing in intentionally toward bikers since they think it's a laugh.

Speaking of motorists throwing crap out the window, ever had this type of cager shower visited upon-you?

I was on my FZR1000 coming home from school this afternoon, and was in traffic on notorious US 1 south of Ft. Lauderdale. Moderate traffic, so I was looking for the spaces in traffic, which is where I like to ride instead of being "one in a line." There is just more exposure when you are sandwiched-in and have no place to go as an escape route if you see the young female in the smashed-up compact start drifting your way across the lane divider, oblivious to the world, except for whoever she's speaking-to on her cellphone (happened earlier in the week) . Well, we all have our similar experiences. A year ago a woman who ran-into me while I was stopped at a light, said, "I was applying my makeup!" as an excuse for rear-ending me!

So, anyway, traffic is lined-up pretty-close together, and I am in the middle of a block of two lanes headed in the same direction. The guy in-front of me in a Japanese coupe starts showing me why he thinks I am "Number One" by displaying his middle finger and jabbering excidedly to his female captive audience riding shotgun. He keeps up the hand gestures and about the only thing he didn't do was suddenly slam-on the brakes. He continues to watch me in his rear-view mirror more than he is watching traffic ahead, so he reaches into his dirty-tricks, and starts washing his windshield, most of which is going over the top of it and is spraying me behind him, quite refreshing! So I cut the lane and passed him to his right before he knew it, and kept on truckin'. Guess he' had a bad day and doesn't like motorcyclists.

So now I have an excuse to skip the Saturday night bath! :biglaugh:

It's great that you got it fixed after so long! Was it direct wiring the R/R that fixed it?

Happy riding mate! :biglaugh:

and starts washing his windshield, most of which is going over the top of it and is spraying me behind him, quite refreshing!

This has happened to me loads of times. As you noted, probably 90% of the time you encounter such douche-baggery, there's a female "seat cover" within boob-grabbing distance of the driver.

Normal guy + woman + wheels= complete asshole.

direct wiring fixed the problem !!! and after doing all that this morning i ripped apart the head light and made some new tight connections and everything is legit and ready to go and if it wasnt raining all weekend and all next week id be out !! safe riding guys!!

I have a '94 and had a similar problem. With a hot start, the engine would crank over real slow and most times didn't start. I would need to let it cool then it would crank up and start. I replaced the battery with the Oddessy sealed battery and it cranks right up every time. Best thing I did. Dropped right in, no more trickle charger and cranks strong every time, even after sitting all winter.

Latest posts

Back