hesitation around 7000 RPM's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mista_max

Reaction score
I've notice strange behaviour with my VMAX. when accelerating hard RPM's rev up to 6000 and can feel the VBOOST kicking in then around 7000 there is some hesitation , RPM's drop around 6500 and it's very slow to climb pack up. wondeing what the most probable cause would be , Synd, floats or the jets

Max

at WOT thats all mains.

try turning your choke on to see if it helps or hurts...

anything above 6.5/7 k is jetting, could be a plugged jet. but def check the easy stuff first.

idle - 3500 a/f, 3500 - 6000 needle position, 6000 + is jetting. but float level affects all.

someone would please agree/ disagree with this statement. thx.

peace,
evan....

anything above 6.5/7 k is jetting, could be a plugged jet. but def check the easy stuff first.

idle - 3500 a/f, 3500 - 6000 needle position, 6000 + is jetting. but float level affects all.

someone would please agree/ disagree with this statement. thx.

peace,
evan....

its pretty close but also somewhat throttle dependent. the needle is fully out at WOT around 4-4.2k rpms

I've notice strange behaviour with my VMAX. when accelerating hard RPM's rev up to 6000 and can feel the VBOOST kicking in then around 7000 there is some hesitation , RPM's drop around 6500 and it's very slow to climb pack up. wondeing what the most probable cause would be , Synd, floats or the jets

Max
Easy stuff first? Fuel filter, drain the bowls and check fuel condition. Do a wet float check. Some Seafoam or your favorite carb cleaner added to the gas.

along with that id do a plug check from wide open cut no idle time to see where its at for jetting but first do as the others mentioned, filters, float level etc then go from there.

let us know what if anything you find.

did this just start happening?

ah sweet, when im home im out off the west island towards the ont boarder......have to meet up for a ride one day when im back in town

Back