Honda Magna

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to talk to the kid more yesterday... says his V45 has been bored to a 780 and claims it made 160 hp and 140 ft lbs on the dyno and can run a 10.2 in the quarter. I just smiled and nodded while thinking bullshit, lol. Theres no way it could lay that down... even if it was cammed, ported and tuned within an inch of its life, lol. Maybe witha huge hit of nitrous that could blow the motor, lol.

I got to talk to the kid more yesterday... says his V45 has been bored to a 780 and claims it made 160 hp and 140 ft lbs on the dyno and can run a 10.2 in the quarter. I just smiled and nodded while thinking bullshit, lol. Theres no way it could lay that down... even if it was cammed, ported and tuned within an inch of its life, lol. Maybe witha huge hit of nitrous that could blow the motor, lol.

Too bad you wasn't in my area... I'd have him race this one Harley in the area. 130/130 at the wheel. I saw the dyno pull and raced it for shits n' giggles. HOLY SHIT! That thing is QUICK!

LOL
So he is saying that by boring a 748cc to a 780cc he doubled the HP, gained over 100 ft/lbs of torque and gained a full 2 seconds in the 1/4 mile over pro riders on a stock V45.
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/honda/honda_vf750c_magna%2082.htm
I don't think so.

I would have told him to pretend I'm from Missouri and Show Me !

My money is on...............him coming up with an excuse between now and Sunday, or maybe simply not showing up at all. Those types normally do. $0.02

Got nothing i can film it with to show everyone. Damn sure aint gonna try with my phone while racing, lol.

Got nothing i can film it with to show everyone. Damn sure aint gonna try with my phone while racing, lol.
You could always let a co-worker film it from the side of the road with your phone.
If he actually does race you, you know you're going to need witnesses so he can't say he won (or was even close, LOL).

Don't be too sure about that. I'd guess you could take this one with only one hand on the bars. Launch with both. Then powershift with no clutch, thus freeing up your left hand for the reach in and grab on the phone/camera. I've seen Charlie from TX passing us on the Three Twisted Sisters ride using only one hand and video taping & shooting pics with his left hand.....all the while I was hanging on for dear life just trying to keep up. :biglaugh:

I got a buddy thats supposed to come out and witness, ill see if hell do the honors. Just hope it dosent rain...

Practice on your launches a bit and don't take him lightly. A lot of races are lost at the starting line. What is the bet gonna be?

Practice on your launches a bit and don't take him lightly. A lot of races are lost at the starting line. What is the bet gonna be?
True.
Here's a good article on launching a Vmax.

Attachments

• How to Launch your Vmax.pdf
    277.1 KB · Views: 19
True.
Here's a good article on launching a Vmax.

Damn... now I wish there was a 1/4 mile track here in Maine. Seems that the 1/8th is a waste on a bike like the Max.

I guess I have an advantage, where as I only weigh in at 130. Lack of experience will be my chief disadvantage though were I to take her to the track.

Latest posts

Back