How does this aftermarket backrest work?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do a look on HAC backrest on the forum you'll find tons of info.

I just recently purchased this. I wanted something that could be quickly installed or removed. I only want to use it when my wife is with me or if I'm taking a trip I can attached a pack to it.

It's very good quality. Solid and well made. Feels very secure. It removes easily. Just four bolt's to remove. The rear section of the seat also has to be removed to get easy access to the nuts. Although the nuts could probably be welded to the bracket, making removal and installation faster.

It comes with a bracket that replaces the existing reflector mount. I ordered some LED lights. I'm going to mount them where the reflector goes, as a second brake light.

That's the same backrest I have, 4 quick bolts and it's on/off. It came with the bike when I bought it and I thought it was OEM - it matches the lines of the grab bar perfectly
DSCN0425.jpg

Unfortunatly I can't use it any more after changing my tail, no more grab rails or backrests

+1. this is the one i'm thinking of getting one day. from what i gather the first installation is somewhat a hassle, not a PITA, and not "two twists and it's on" kind of thing, but a bit time consuming from what i understand. something to do with the back reflector--if you have replaced it with a functional LED light, then you have to do something extra. but either way, with or without the reflector swap, putting it on and taking it off is a apparently a snap.

The only problem is Corbin seats (and maybe other non stock seats) have to be modified for the bracket to fit. My Corbin would not go in place with the bracket and I had to sell the setup at a loss. :bang head:

Nah its easy to install. I just did mine. What i did different is remove the reflector from the back piece.. Expoxy two bolts in so i can bolt it back on.. Filled it with filler.. Painted it and chromed it and put my led taillight there. I inbolt it put on backrest and rebolt it on for a clean look. uploadfromtaptalk1331783001042.jpguploadfromtaptalk1331783040744.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

Would appear my pics didnt go...
b89772bb-6609-4681.jpg
b89772bb-6615-a7bc.jpg

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a HAC backrest.
I havent seen anyone install one yet, but I also ordered the HAC luggage rack that bolts to the backrest as well. Both should be quick remove/install. If the wife is on the back, she's gonna be bringing/needing a bag....guaranteed! :icon_rolleyes:

Guess I'm the guinea pig on the luggage rack.....I'll post up some pics and description of both when I get em!

I ordered from customcruisers.com.

It's a company in Europe. Cost for both was $390 to my door.
Cheapest I could find in the states was $460 plus shipping for both.

http://www.customcruisers.com/Custom2005/customshop2005/contents/en-uk/d280.html

here you go buddy. click on the link and you'll see what some guys have done to get the hac on. i don't think you have to fret going in as a guinea pig wrt the rack--cuz i think there are some guys who are running with it **shrug**. i think you'll be happy with your purchase.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/tags.php?tag=hac

I really like my HAC back rest, I welded the nuts to the bracket so you don't have to remove the rear seat for install. I also modded the stock reflector to fit with or without the backrest, on or off in in less then 5 minutes.....

My reason for the backrest was to keep the wife from damaging my rear fender lol if she slid off lol.... Shhhh dont tell her cause she would kill me lol.. Seriously though its going to make me feel a lot safer when my boy goes with me on runs.

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a HAC backrest.
I havent seen anyone install one yet, but I also ordered the HAC luggage rack that bolts to the backrest as well. Both should be quick remove/install. If the wife is on the back, she's gonna be bringing/needing a bag....guaranteed! :icon_rolleyes:

Guess I'm the guinea pig on the luggage rack.....I'll post up some pics and description of both when I get em!

I ordered from customcruisers.com.

It's a company in Europe. Cost for both was $390 to my door.
Cheapest I could find in the states was $460 plus shipping for both.

http://www.customcruisers.com/Custom2005/customshop2005/contents/en-uk/d280.html

Well, I guess I am going to cancel that order......customcruisers.com has made no effort to complete my order. It's been almost 1.5 weeks and they havent even charged my card or responded to any of my inquiry emails. Ugh..... Thought I was going to get a good deal! Oh well......

Latest posts

Back