How Fast

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
200+ on my old drag bike on highway once or twice.....175 in a built z06 vette........150 on my 1989 max a few times

145 on a V65 Magna.
120 almost every time I take out the old XJ1100. (redline in top gear)
Haven't had a chance to go over 100 on the Max yet.

160 1978 Trans Am (2.41 gears)
150 1971 Satelite Sebring plus (3.23 gears)
130 2007 Vmax

About 160 on my nephew's track only YZF 600.
140ish on my vmax.
Somewhere around 140 in an ex-boss's BMW Z3.

182mph on 2006 ZX10 ...
176 in a 911 turbo

Just recently purchased my '01 vmax and I haven't driven it much. I'm waiting for warmer weather.

So with all the mph statements, I know we love to "think" we did 400 mph, but alot of these speedo's are so far off at high speeds its silly.

Case in point, my 1986 VF1000R 175 mph on the speedo, could still climb a little more if you could continue to hang on and had another mile or so to go. But radar it at 152 mph........ cop was a buddy of mine, did this on I69 and M53 area.

My 92 oil boiler GSXR 750 would hit 165-170 mph on its speedo all the time , I cranked on that bike, but honestly I know it was only accurate to about 155 mph maybe even less.

My Vmax is pretty damn close accuracy wise at 120-125 mph in the 1/4 mile. It may only be about 2-4 mph off towards the faster end ( meaning if I was doing 125 I was probably really doing 121 or so ).

I ve seen 160 mph in one of my 77 Trans Am's , but honestly know it was petered out around 145 mph or so. We ran speed runs against those portable radar's to find that one out. Sure seemed like it was going that fast at that time.

My Turbo Busa I ve gone 120 mph in 4 th gear spinning the back tire, but I am not 100% sure how accurate that speedo is either. They are nortorius for being off.

I ve been in a couple of fast race cars and boats. I ve tickled 200 mph in serious machines. But a quick run up to 150 mph is ALOT different then sustained 150 mph running for 20 miles......:)

All in all, its exciting to see how fast some of you guys have gone!

Todd

58 mph on a 1965 Honda S-65.
72 mph in a 1965 VW Bus.
93 on a 2003 Suzuki Burgman 400 scooter.
120+ in a 1966 Corvair Corsa.
150 on my VMax.

Actually, for what it was, the 58 mph on the Honda may have been the most impressive.......

211.97 mph on my ZX-14, officially timed in competition, with a big, big tailwind. 211 on a Turbo Busa, and 206.8 mph on my 14R, without that big wind. :rofl_200:

Avatar pic is once... Second time was closer to 145mph... Prolly not very accurate but fast enough to keep the others behind me... :)

I'll admit it Garg.........I ran out of balls before I ran out of motor............:biglaugh:..................Tom.

I'll admit it Garg.........I ran out of balls before I ran out of motor............:biglaugh:..................Tom.
WOW, I never thought about that.................................what does that feel like?

I think it fells great to watch tom run out of balls before motor. He drops them every time we hit the freeway.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Actully custommax you hit the nail on the head. If toms bike rolled smooth enough at speeds above 125mph he would stay in my rearview as always but he falls out of view around 130mph. Lol.........mike

I enjoy a good speed run, i just don't like the feeling when it starts moving around in my lane at 125+..........Now with the extra weight of 2 up she's steady as a rock...........Tom.

I enjoy a good speed run, i just don't like the feeling when it starts moving around in my lane at 125+..........Now with the extra weight of 2 up she's steady as a rock...........Tom.

Yeah, mine never had a front wobble or wander when I weighed about 60-70 more

Well, I don't run drag bars, but I bet that low bars will help w/the wind resistance and putting your weight over the front wheel. I always see the sportbike guys go-into the wind-cheating crouch over the gas tank when running into the top of the tach, while I'm sitting pretty-much upright, and facing the blast head-on. Not as-secure a feeling, but I feel kinda like Slim Pickens:
images
images

Back