I am an owner of a new 2014 VMAX!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman70

Reaction score
Should i trade or not?
I am new to this site and do not yet own a vmax. I currently own a 2003 Harley fatboy and it/is was way underpowered so I also bought a GSXR1000 and needless to say it took care of my speed issues. I have recently been looking seriously at a new2014 vmax but would need to get rid of my other two bikes. The Harley i wouldn't miss but the speed and power of the GSXR I am questioning. I know the top speed of a vmax is not as much as the gsxr which I have never been over 130 anyway so not an issue. Would i regret giving up my GSXR if I were to have a Vmax? The vmax power seems to be incredible although the top speed is not as high which is fine with me. Next question is about the handling. The downsides i have read are the fuel mileage and the handling. How bad is the handling or is it even an issue? I know it won't handle like my sportbike and I don't expect it to. I would just like some thoughts on the vmax from experienced owners who have also had a sportbike or not. thanks

Well I posted this previous thread last week and yesterday I made decision and the deal. Traded both bikes and got the new VMAX. I am so excited and it looks awesome in the garage. Living in Nebraska the weather is crap right now and have no idea when i may be able to actually ride it. That sucks! Is it mean of me to make my wife park outside so I can look at the vmax in her stall? ha ha

Congrats Woodman on getting a Gen2 :clapping:
I've ridden my son's GSXR1000 a few times lot and I prefer the Gen2 hands down over it. I'll be curious what you think after you get a few rides on the Gen2 under your belt.

congrats on Gen II !!!! And Hell no not mean at all my wife parks outside now too . LOL I actually just got back from a short ride on my 09' my first cherry popping experience on her . All I can say is Holy SHIT what a monster !!! Really must be a rush drag racing on a bike .

Congratulations!

You'll soon have the sickness of the quickness.

Hey Woodman, send the bike down here to Daytona and I'll send it back well broken in by spring!! :clapping:

You won't regret that trade. Now just pray spring comes early for you so you can start tearing up the roads!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

12oclocklabs.com will have the cure for the speedometer error on that back IF it bothers you to be racking up over 5--8% more miles than what you actually travel.

Guruedgear.com is the website to visit IF ever you want a good ECU tune to match any aftermarket mods you may want to bolt on or if you simply wanna wake the stock settings up a bit.

Back