I am an owner of a new 2014 VMAX!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman70

Reaction score
Should i trade or not?
I am new to this site and do not yet own a vmax. I currently own a 2003 Harley fatboy and it/is was way underpowered so I also bought a GSXR1000 and needless to say it took care of my speed issues. I have recently been looking seriously at a new2014 vmax but would need to get rid of my other two bikes. The Harley i wouldn't miss but the speed and power of the GSXR I am questioning. I know the top speed of a vmax is not as much as the gsxr which I have never been over 130 anyway so not an issue. Would i regret giving up my GSXR if I were to have a Vmax? The vmax power seems to be incredible although the top speed is not as high which is fine with me. Next question is about the handling. The downsides i have read are the fuel mileage and the handling. How bad is the handling or is it even an issue? I know it won't handle like my sportbike and I don't expect it to. I would just like some thoughts on the vmax from experienced owners who have also had a sportbike or not. thanks

Well I posted this previous thread last week and yesterday I made decision and the deal. Traded both bikes and got the new VMAX. I am so excited and it looks awesome in the garage. Living in Nebraska the weather is crap right now and have no idea when i may be able to actually ride it. That sucks! Is it mean of me to make my wife park outside so I can look at the vmax in her stall? ha ha

Congrats Woodman on getting a Gen2 :clapping:
I've ridden my son's GSXR1000 a few times lot and I prefer the Gen2 hands down over it. I'll be curious what you think after you get a few rides on the Gen2 under your belt.

congrats on Gen II !!!! And Hell no not mean at all my wife parks outside now too . LOL I actually just got back from a short ride on my 09' my first cherry popping experience on her . All I can say is Holy SHIT what a monster !!! Really must be a rush drag racing on a bike .

Congratulations!

You'll soon have the sickness of the quickness.

A modest investment of around $500 to burn the box (ECU) will take care of that embarrassing top speed of only 143 mph!

Hey Woodman, send the bike down here to Daytona and I'll send it back well broken in by spring!! :clapping:

You won't regret that trade. Now just pray spring comes early for you so you can start tearing up the roads!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

12oclocklabs.com will have the cure for the speedometer error on that back IF it bothers you to be racking up over 5--8% more miles than what you actually travel.

Guruedgear.com is the website to visit IF ever you want a good ECU tune to match any aftermarket mods you may want to bolt on or if you simply wanna wake the stock settings up a bit.

Latest posts

Back