I need a used fuel pump

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax626

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I don`t know how it happened, but my fuel pump took a sh!t on me today .
When I took it apart I noticed a small wire had worn off the thin insulation and burned off and un fortunately I can1t solder it back but when I tried to put power to small wire that was sticking out of the housing, it wouldn`t do anything.
I figure the damage went further than I thought so, if anybody has a used fuel pump for sale I would greatly appreciate it.
I was also wondering, since I have a calif. model, if a automotive electric fuel pump would work since I can mount it where the canister is ???
<<Dave>>:punk:

Hey guys,
I don`t know how it happened, but my fuel pump took a sh!t on me today .
When I took it apart I noticed a small wire had worn off the thin insulation and burned off and un fortunately I can1t solder it back but when I tried to put power to small wire that was sticking out of the housing, it wouldn`t do anything.
I figure the damage went further than I thought so, if anybody has a used fuel pump for sale I would greatly appreciate it.
I was also wondering, since I have a calif. model, if a automotive electric fuel pump would work since I can mount it where the canister is ???
<<Dave>>:punk:
A pump is a pump. Not sure what the pressure ought to max out at, but suspect that anything above about 8 or 10psi will start to blow the needles off the seats. Sean would know for sure.

Flow rate would probably be be more than you needed and you might need regulation (depending on the VMax carb pressure constraints). But, it should work.

It's probably more sensible to put an actual VMax pump back in and save all the guesswork.

I have one Dave...
bought a new one cause i heard some excessive clicking one day,
read yukoners post about the diaphram after i bought a new one but it has been fine ever since. I am going to put the new one in soon before the brownie run just to be safe. you can have my old one if you want it. shoot me a pm, i will be out of town till sunday.
Bill

Latest posts

Back