i think i got my direction now

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrubbers4x4

Reaction score
ok after some of you guys answered my questions in another thread i think i figured out what steps i am going to take with the max.

what i have done to it so far, OEM windshield, starfighter seat (coming), slightly modified stock exhaust, crash bars with forward pegs, sissy bar and stock grab rail i switch out occasionally, furbar fix, 1" lowered front forks, had the carbs all put in sync.

next, i think i am going to get a set of drag bars, a
[FONT=&quot]10-1563 [/FONT]progressive [FONT=&quot]Fork Lowering Kit and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]412-4233 C412 Series rear springs. i will probably get the lowered kick stand as well so my bike don't fall over.

then, i will probably get frame braces and knee guards.

third, i will save up and get a Marks exhaust 4 into 2 because i like the balanced look of the exhaust on the max and i like the sound of the 350 with open headers like the marks sounds like.

after all that maybe i will get a little nuts with it with the stretched swingarm and body mods.
[/FONT]

Well it didn't take long since your resgistered on this forum for the Mod Monkey move in at your place!

This forum definitely has that effect on most of us here, so you are in good company.

Sounds like a good plan for your max. I'm sure there will be other mod ideas that will pop into the picture.

Mike

i was a member of the VMOA for a few years after i bought the max but their forum communication sucks! it seemed like you had to be a part of the "clique" at events for anyone to really talk to ya, it was like they wanted really nothing to do with any "new" outsiders. here, i have gotten more questions i asked answered in the short amount of time i have been here without any run around or didnt even have to ask any since i saw they were already answered because someone else asked them already. thanks guys. I have found more useful info on here than in any of the Vboost magazines i got while i was a member.

now i just need to come up with some $$ to pay that damn mod monkey, he stares at me with his hand out just waiting but all i have to give him at the moment is peanuts... i tried to point my direction for the build at the cheapest more functional mods first, although i would really like to get frame braces pretty quick just for stability going down the road...but shocks and springs first i guess...

i think the pivot caps can wait until i get the rest of the functional stuff out of the way... they do look sharp though.

Thanks BR44 for keeping the MM at your place...........................uh oh :bang head:

Attachments

• DSC01974.jpg
    DSC01974.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 33
uh oh, looks like he's at your place also... man that fawker gets around, he's kinda like a slut!!

speaking of mod monkey, he hasnt attacked anyone lately...

speaking of mod monkey, he hasnt attacked anyone lately...

RIGHT .......... check the first thread from BR 4 x 4 . He listed what he has done so far..........., what he's going to do next , then he's probably going to add...... , and after those it's third I will save up and............ , and after all that maybe I'll get a little nuts with it....................

:rofl_200::rofl_200:

I give these little monkeys a Football each and tell them what to do with it... Then I can work on the bikes in peace. Some know what to do and others are just occupied for hours trying....

BR44, It sounds like you've got a pretty good road map to mods.... Next Sync you need, let us know. I have 2 manometers and Kyle has Gauges...

do ya think the progressive fork lowering kit and the rear springs are a good combo together or are some of the other ones better?

Sam, sounds like you are building my bike. I run Progressive fork springs,radial front tire, fork brace, drag bar with six inch risers, forward contols, of course the same seat, Progressive 418s springs out back. R1 calipers front and rear. Just FYI, I dropped my triple tree down one inch on my fork tubes. Watch your bar ends don't smash your airbox cover when you change your bars. Off the subject and a thread hijacking. Sam and I traded seats and he sent me a beautiful Corbin in a box packed safe enough to send a Volkswagen Beetle in. Just want everyone to know BR44 is a great guy to deal with, is one enthusiastic Maxxer, and I owe him bigtime! Thanks Bro. You may now return to normally scheduled programming....

ahhh glad you got the seat, i told ya it was in a big ass box.....lol. enjoy the seat pat, at least you will be able to touch the ground with it....lol. i got the starfighter seat today, thank you very very much for sending it to me. it was awful nice of you to trade with me for the Corbin, that saved me a big pain of trying to sale it and then ordering another seat.

BR4 dont buy a kickstand i can cut an inch out an re weld the pad on for you. Rear shocks dont get the cheap ones. JIM 3933

Good call....IMO dual exhausts just "fit" the look of the Vmax better. With a single can on one side of the bike looks.....strange.

For knee guards....check out these or these.

The former I've used for 2 seasons now no complaints. They're very comfortable and fit me perfectly. Also fit under jeans or pants no problem. They only come in one size though so if you have skinny/beefy legs try the latter...I use those for the 4wheeler. Bit bulkier but fit great and come in normal sizes.

According to the Motorcycle Safety Foundation your knees/legs are the most likely part of your body to be injured in a crash, and also the least likely to be protected.

Good call....IMO dual exhausts just "fit" the look of the Vmax better. With a single can on one side of the bike looks.....strange.

For knee guards....check out these or these.

The former I've used for 2 seasons now no complaints. They're very comfortable and fit me perfectly. Also fit under jeans or pants no problem. They only come in one size though so if you have skinny/beefy legs try the latter...I use those for the 4wheeler. Bit bulkier but fit great and come in normal sizes.

According to the Motorcycle Safety Foundation your knees/legs are the most likely part of your body to be injured in a crash, and also the least likely to be protected.

he meant knee guards that go on the bike ryan.

For the rear springs take a look at the Progressive 440's which you can find on sale from time to time. If I run across any good deals I'll be sure to let you/ everyone know.

Fork springs
Solid engine mounts.
do this and the bike handles a lot better for less than $200
Frame braces are nice but cost alot and solid mounts are comparable in function
rear shocks are nice but they would not be on the top of my list if money was tight

Back