I thought my bike was fast

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeeeez, you got a thorn up your arse or what pal ? Clearly, you didn't read my post correctly or simply chose to wear blinkers and scoot past the salient parts. I never suggested that the standard Gen 1 was faster, I merely referred to the looks of the Gen 2 being a bloated version of the Gen 1. "Too much to handle" ? Don't make me laugh, I used to ride an ex GP bike in races in the 80's, 90's that would tear a Gen 2 apart. Try 200 +RWHP on a bike weighing in at 375lbs and then tell me wtf I'm talking about and as to coming down to race you ? Are you serious ? My "LITTLE VT 1100" shoves out 150 HP at the rear wheel and runs with the biggest boys out there. You wanna take that to the bar or the parking lot fool ?

Chris.
I'll quote myself since I'm the fool that gave the wrong information boys, my old VT1100 was a "PIG" that couldn't break 110 mph downhill to hell. I learned my lesson and got back on to a proper bike. V-Max is what I should have spelled out out and please pardon my alcohol fuelled post. not a VT but a Gen 1 V - Max with 150 RWHP. Sorry for the obfuscation.

Chris.

Not to be nit picky, but even the Gen 1 Vmax doesnt have 150 RWHP. 145 at the crank which is around 105-110 at the rear wheel.

Just a FYI.

Todd

I think his is a big bore or at least past posts indicate that it was sold to him with receipts for work to support the big bore claim

Yep. Bored out to 1420 cc, larger valves and a crank grind for higher duration lift. V Boost still alive and the carbs are jetted accordingly. A beautiful bike to ride and mild until the taps are opened, then it goes like the hounds of hell are on your rear end. a local rider with an 2010 Kawasaki ZX14 can barely hang on to the Max until we hit around 120 mph at which point he pulls ahead emphatically. Not too shabby for an 80's build design bike :)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back