Idle Mystery???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86fj1200

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with my idle. I have cleaned the idle jets per the instuctions on this forim. After I clean them idle is great for about 60 miles then it starts to miss and pop out of the carb. I have cleaned them 3 times, not sure what else to look for. Any Ideas?? Thanks

1986 Vmax

How does your fuel filter look? Drain the float bowls and make sure the fuel is clean and no bits are present. Check your slides and rubber boots too.

Mark

Yeah and buy a can of Seafoam and put 4-6 ounces in the tank... Can't hurt. The stuff tends to be like pixy dust in a can...:worthy:

I did take the boots out, tried 2 cans of seafoam( No all at once) Seems to work after I blow those jets out, could the air filter have something to do with it?? I will look at the filter next.. Thanks for the help

Good idea, check the airbox and especially the air box boots too. If they're bad or aren't getting a good seal then unfiltered air could be dirtying your air jets.

Mark

Back