Ihave a problem with my clutch & don`t know where to begin

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax626

Reaction score
Yesterday I was riding home from Laguna Del Mar (about 50 miles or so from where I live ) and got stuck on a one lane road and the traffic was so bad and moving so slow that my bike heated up bad enough to cause my clutch to slip like a sled on a snow hill, and to make things worse when I depress the clutch handle, it wants to get stuck and squeaks like there is no fluid in it but the resevoir is full.:ummm::confused2::ummm:
I don`t have problems shifting it ( but I haven`t ridden it yet today )
just working the lever and accelerating it, it slips real bad.
I don`t know how to bleed the clutch and am kinda afraid to open it up as I don`t want to fix something that may not be broken.
Can anyone please help me with this ???
I`m thinking of changing my oil back to castrol from rotella.
<<Dave>>:confused2:

for sure chg the oil, dont think the rotella is causing a issue as lots of guys using it . then see it its slipping/lever issues, to chg clutch is easy also bleeding the system. get a manual or can find a pdf link on the forum that u can use as reference to walk u thru it.

Does any body have a set of decent plates from a stock to high performance change over that they would be willing to part with ?? just incase it may need them.
I have the same clutch from when I bought it 4 years ago , and I don`t know when they were last changed , but have had no problems since yesterday.:confused2:
<<Dave>>:punk:

I started using Rotella for the engine and tranny and it actually made things smoother and quieter. I'd try flushing the clutch resevour and line to get new fluid into that system. Good Luck.

""when I depress the clutch handle, it wants to get stuck and squeaks like there is no fluid in it but the resevoir is full.""

Check your pivot bolt for proper lube, check the small brass disk mounted in the clutch handle to make sure the plunger from the master cylinder is imbedded correctly, & you may want to investigate a clutch master cylinder re-build kit? They generally run about $25 for the kit.

:punk: Hey, I agree with Damon, squirt some wd40 on the pivot bolt and see what happens. Mine did this a couple months ago. Good Luck, Spurs

Latest posts

Back