Inside Diameter Dimension Of Pilot Jets...Anyone?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxattacks

Reaction score
I have looked exhaustively for any info on Mikuni pilot jets and all I can get are thread pitch and overall length but I NEED the dimension of the hole of the respective jets. Can anyone give me those dimensions? I need the I.D. of a #40 and a #42.5. I have all of the necessary equipment to drill them so I just need those spesc.
Thanx in advance!

Bud

About this big. Oh wait, this one was plugged. Shit was like concrete. Had to soak it for a couple hrs

attachment.php

I have watched people drill jets out for 55 or so years and I cannot say that one of the drilled jets worked well and jets are to cheap to try and drill them, save yourself some problems and buy a set of 40's and try them if you feel they need to be bigger. I am at sea level and running size 40 pilot jets and the only thing I changed was the a/f screws from 3.5 turns to 2.5 turns out.

Dan-o, Mikuni measurements are by flow rate. DJ use size of opening.

I agree with Rhoy, why drill them when they are so cheap to buy? Plus you can always put the smaller ones back in if you don't like the outcome.

Bud, I have a set of 42.5's for sale. How does $12 sound?

This is a chart I found online. I do not know how accurate it is.

Gary

Attachments

• mikuni vs dyno.jpg
    mikuni vs dyno.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back