Jackets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonoran6

Reaction score
I currently own an OLD Wilsons leather biker jacket. Had it for over 6 years. Its Thinsulate filled, which is way too damn much for the heat here, and its not even Summer yet!
So I have been looking around for a vented leather jacket with REMOVABLE liner and I just got curious as to what kind(s) of jackets my fellow VMaxxers wear. Also wondering if there is anything specific I need to look for in a replacement jacket. What is textile anyway??

Welcome to biking and the VMax cohorts! You are doing the right thing by upgrading your gear. Don't forget motorcycling gloves and footwear, hands and feet/ankles are difficult to repair. :confused2:

I like the fabric mesh jackets. When they first came-out, I bought a Joe Rocket, I still wear it. They wear like iron. The protection is good, shoulders, forearms, back, plenty of pockets. This one didn't come w/a liner.

Last year I bought a Fieldsheer mesh jacket during a closeout @ a local dealer. It does have a zip-in liner, and more features than my Joe Rocket, but for some reason, the Joe Rocket flows significantly more air, and the jacket's cuts look similar. That said, it flows plenty of air anyway, and is a great improvement over perforated leather for airflow. Of course, CE armor & plenty of storage.

Fun lyrics, 'just-because'
"Out of three billion people, why must it be me?
Oh why oh why won't you cut me loose?
Just do me a favor and listen to my plea,
I'm not the only chicken on the roost"

-Dan Hicks

I bought a Tourmsater mesh jacket last year, it has both removeable insulated and rain liners, perfect for all Mi weather, plenty of armor protection and storage..........................Tom.

Joe rocket fits me best.......I use a mesh with armor, and it has a rain liner...removable.....been down once in it, an sltill using it.
Also use the Joe rocket textile for the cooler days, also has a winter liner I have never used.....you can wear textile in the summer also if your not much of a sweater:rofl_200:
I have a leather jacket that I never wear.

You'll do good with the mesh in zona.

I have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket that is over 10 years old and still in great shape. I also have a tourmaster draft air jacket which is great too. If you don't want to spend a lot of money checkout leatherup.com and their xelement brand of jackets.

I just ordered this http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Mot...ble-3-Way-Lining-and-Level-3-Armor/97978.html.

I recommend you browse a variety of sites but I highly recommend Leather Up. They have virtually any type/style jacket you could want. Most of the embroidered stuff is reflective for additional safety at night. They recently added videos of some of their products. Be sure to read the reviews. People post additional data about the product. ie. The jacket I just linked has a mesh chest and ab section on the outer layer. I only know this because of the comments and that's what sealed it for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. Mesh with a removable waterproof liner. Armor in the back, shoulders, elbows. Fits good, had it for 4 years and no problems whatsoever with it. It doesn't get hot at all, breeze blows right through it. I actually had a low speed (25mph) crash in it and it got slightly ruffled up over where my cellphone was in the pocket, but the arm and shoulder were totally undamaged.

I use a tourmaster, flex 2. I love it, Its nice and armored (back, shoulders, and elbows) well ventilated. I've had mine in temps from -15f to 90f and was comfortable.

I like the way it breaks down, to a shell, mesh jacket. I've only used the "winter" insulated layer once, when I went out in the cold. Otherwise the shell and the mesh is all I wear in the beginning and the end of the seasons, otherwise I just wear the mesh. It's also one of the few jackets out there that fit around my chest, so that was a plus :clapping:

This gal did a nice write-up on her's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AByC_F-2sLw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn_x7riswiQ

So many to choose from!! Went to cycle gear today and tried on a bunch of different styles/material jackets. I really like the look of leather, but I like the lightweight of the textile. Is it as abrasive protectant as thick cow hide? Heck of a lot cheaper too!

If they would cut the sizes of the gear to have a better fit, I might be able to wear something other than my 3 cow leather jacket.

i want a speed and strength call to arms so bad!

If they would cut the sizes of the gear to have a better fit, I might be able to wear something other than my 3 cow leather jacket.

They do, my pants are 48 with a 34" inseam and my chest is a little over 52".
The tourmaster jacket fits me just fine. According to thier size chart, the 3xl will be good for 52" and the 4xl for 54". I'm using a 3xl flex II jacket (now they have the flex III) and it seems to be measured a little smaller as it fits real nice.

Their largest pant size is 44" with a 35" inseam.

i want a speed and strength call to arms so bad!

Shit, forgot about them. that is another textile jacket that goes up to a 60" chest. :clapping:
I like their moment of truth jacket. I would have got one, but I stumbled on them after I bought my flex II
Their Call to arms jacket reminds me of tourmaster's flex LE jacket.

Sean sells them too and i would buy one from him but i'm trying to find a local one to try on first.. tough to do.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/anarchy_textile_motorcycle_jacket_with_hoody/web1006971

anarchyhoodie.jpg

Back