Jims94vmax no more

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims94vmx

Reaction score
Well it is official, bike put on a trailer last night heading down to Florida to see her new owner Kyle! 17 years, will miss her! Love the vmax community! Will stay in touch for sure.

thanks,

Jim

17 years is a long time.............Ya done with V-Maxes alltogether?............Glad you plan on keeping in touch!............Tom.

Well I can tell you from experience, I wanted a V-max for at least 10 years and as "bad" as you feel giving away your baby I felt that "good" getting mine last year. Hopefully the guy you sold her too will take good care of her and enjoy her as much as you did. And you know the best way to get over one girl is to get under another ! Can you say Gen II ?????

Thanks guys, 17 years 77K on it during that time.....lots of riding! Taking the year off unless something really jumps out as a great deal. Had my eye on a 2010 Kawi Concours but the dealer really was to high! Love the Gen 2, I have a buddy that will let me ride when I get the itch and my brother in law has a 2006 Honda ST I can ride anytime....he sure doesn't! LOL I want to say he only has about 4K on the ST!!

Kyle a pleasure, thanks. Take it for a ride before you decide for sure what you are going to do with it! Vboost kicks in at 5K and it runs great except the tick! You may find it is an easy fix for you??? Would love to see it hit 100K on the odometer. But do what you will, and thanks again.

Thanks guys, 17 years 77K on it during that time.....lots of riding! Taking the year off unless something really jumps out as a great deal. Had my eye on a 2010 Kawi Concours but the dealer really was to high! Love the Gen 2, I have a buddy that will let me ride when I get the itch and my brother in law has a 2006 Honda ST I can ride anytime....he sure doesn't! LOL I want to say he only has about 4K on the ST!!

Kyle a pleasure, thanks. Take it for a ride before you decide for sure what you are going to do with it! Vboost kicks in at 5K and it runs great except the tick! You may find it is an easy fix for you??? Would love to see it hit 100K on the odometer. But do what you will, and thanks again.
Don't worry I will ride it for a bit but most of the aftermarket parts will be for sale. Who knows it might be my next drag bike. Old motors run the best

Don't worry I will ride it for a bit but most of the aftermarket parts will be for sale. Who knows it might be my next drag bike. Old motors run the best

AAAwwww SNAP ! So much for the sentimental crap I said earlier !! LOL:confused2:

AAAwwww SNAP ! So much for the sentimental crap I said earlier !! LOL:confused2:
Yeah I am not a good one for keeping things in one piece. My back is screwed up & I don't have a real job so I make it how ever I can & most of the time that involves tearing stuff apart but I do give them a chance first.

Yeah I am not a good one for keeping things in one piece. My back is screwed up & I don't have a real job so I make it how ever I can & most of the time that involves tearing stuff apart but I do give them a chance first.

Nothing wrong with that....good stuff gets passed around to keep other bikes going, nothing gets wasted....I have no problem with that. Kind of a 'hard parts' organ donor program....as it should be. :clapping:

Nothing wrong with that....good stuff gets passed around to keep other bikes going, nothing gets wasted....I have no problem with that. Kind of a 'hard parts' organ donor program....as it should be. :clapping:

Very true Danny, sniff sniff, sigh, my baby might help someone else live! LOL

I already do double takes as I see bikes go by my house! LOL "will you miss your bike"? the wife askes! LOL

Sorry to hear , but time and circumstances change. I can see me doing the same thing one day. Haven't ridden for a while 'cause of a serious illness , but when I am healthy again , I will ride. For how long only the Man knows for sure.

Just an fyi, I have dot 5 in the clutch master. It was empty and that is what I found at an autoparts store. I was told it was fine, just don't mix. I did an experiment and put some dot 5 in a cup, then put dot 5.1 and the dot 5 went right to the top....way lighter. Keep me informed.....I rode it 2 weeks ago and had no problems....as a matter of fact it was run to load into the trailer Thursday night.

Just an fyi, I have dot 5 in the clutch master. It was empty and that is what I found at an autoparts store. I was told it was fine, just don't mix. I did an experiment and put some dot 5 in a cup, then put dot 5.1 and the dot 5 went right to the top....way lighter. Keep me informed.....I rode it 2 weeks ago and had no problems....as a matter of fact it was run to load into the trailer Thursday night.
Thanks for telling me as I would have dumped 3 or 4 in there which are not compatible at all with dot 5 , 5,1 is compatible but if you had 3 or 4 in there & put 5 in that might be the problem now . It slowly destroys seals when you mix them. By the way you need to go have a talk with your store they are idiots. Not your fault so were all good

Jim If the system was empty and never bad any other kind of fluid In it dot 5 is ok. However it is not compatible with 3 or 4 but it is with 5.1 so all the seals In the clutch system need replacing now. No hard feelings as you did not know just an fyi

Latest posts

Back