Kerker vs Holeshot

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimmie

Reaction score
Not trying to start a argument, just looking for opinions. I like the symmetrical look of holeshot. Don't really want the slip-ons from Kerker as one of my stock pipes has a couple of small dents in it, so it needs to go.

Thanks, Shane

Hi Shane

What are you trying to acomplish with your next purchase decision? Sounds as you have your mind made up with the Holeshots. Its obvious that you are just looking for looks since you are just running slip on exhaust.
I am lost, what are trying to ask here?:ummm: Appearance wise, thats ones opinion. I dont know how much slip on exhaust cost, but why not just save up the additional money and put on a full exhaust system when the riding season ends?

Sound??? KERKER ALL THE WAY! :worthy:

Build quality and symmetry goes to Holeshot. He also did a great job of bending the head pipes to match the frame and they are tucked up tight to the bike. His also lets you keep the center stand tabs.

Performance? They are pretty damn equal IMO and from what I have heard from other members here and seen as well...

Marks also makes a good system and the sound edges out the Holeshot due to the cross over he runs.

My dyno showed 124bhp and 76lbft at the wheel with the Holeshot setup on my 2900 miles 2006 bike.

I have drilled out stock exhaust right now. I'm looking for a good performing, good looking exhaust. I'm looking for loud but not the stupid "farty sounding" loud. You know when a Harley rides by. Most don't hurt your ears but are fairly loud. That's kinda what I'm looking for. Not the Harley sound just the volume. I haven't heard any of these exhausts systems yet, other than youtube and websites. I don't think they're getting a good recording on a video recorder. Thanks for any help and opinions.

I said it on another post as well but I decided to go with the holeshot. Also got the stage 1 kit as well:stir pot:..........

I said it on another post as well but I decided to go with the holeshot. Also got the stage 1 kit as well:stir pot:..........

Dales stage 1? It's a good kit! Not too much too it which makes it much like Sean's stage 6.5 as it's more basic and makes working and tuning easier. I would run the 155 jets pull the needles back with one washer and turn the idle screws out 3.5-4 turns. Oh wait.... I did do that...:biglaugh:

I think you'll be happy with it!

Or you can skip that step and go straight with the better kit!

Sean

It's Dale's kit.

I put the pipes on today. By myself it took about 2 hrs start to finish. Not as loud as I thought it would be but it does sound good. Not bad at interstate speed. It looks fantastic. Getting the center stand off looks better too. Makes the bike look longer.

It's going in the shop next week. There is a guy around here that's really good with these bikes. He's gonna do a complete tune-up top to bottom. The plug wires have never been changed, don't know when the plugs were last changed. He going through the carbs and everything. It should run real good when I get it back.

nopics.gif

Here they are. Hope this works.

Attachments

• DSC00401.JPG
    DSC00401.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00402.JPG
    DSC00402.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00403.JPG
    DSC00403.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC00404.JPG
    DSC00404.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC00405.JPG
    DSC00405.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 53
I thought I would put this up. I really thought my exhaust was not very loud but I ride a lot with my cousin (who has a Harley) and a couple other friends who also ride Harley's. My cousin's Streetglide has Rineheart slip-on exhaust and has a nice tone to it, pretty loud. I rode about 150 miles yesterday with them and my exhaust is just as loud as my cousin's bike. I guess you have to put it next to something you think is loud to really compare. I really like the Holeshot system. It's doesn't rip your ears off on the interstate, but from like say 60 to 90 you're gonna know I'm there.

I still have the stage 1 kit that I have not installed yet but the bike still had a mis to it at idle when hot (mostly in traffic). I changed plugs and wires today and it seems to have taken care of that. I'm also running sea foam thru it as well. I need to ride it some more to see if it takes care of the problem. I let the bike sit and idle for about 20 minutes after taking it for a test ride. Didn't start missing.

I put stock NGK plugs back in it. I changed the wires over to Accel high performance wires 7mm. I had to buy the screw on tips for the plugs so they will work with the wires. It seems to run fine. I had the little woman on it with me today so no V-boost running. I'll get back out tomorrow and see what's up. Raining right now.

Grimmie, you NEED to test out the lady with vboost. The best way to see if it works is how hard you get jabbed in the side. :real mad:

Yeah Mark tried that once and Wendy gave him a concussion THRU the helmet...lol

Hmm, I don't remember that. Well, that explains the bruises.

Grimmie, how does the Holeshot sound compare to the drilled out stock pipes sound? I'm considering going with the holeshots and was just curious how much sound difference there is, I kind of like the drilled out tone.

Back