Know your mechanic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked with John through Facebook since 2012 and we had constant conversations about this site and the badgering I was taking on Kyles motivation site-it still carries on today and gets very tiring. There are quite a few members I have emails from that left this site and some that are still here voicing their opinions about what I was and still are being put through---not very pleasant for anyone to go through.

What I meant is John passed away and can't comment either way now. The context is lost. I just wouldn't throw him into this.

I ran into John at Bke Week this year, and we had a couple good conversations. I'm sure that he would not want to be dragged into some contentious discussion like we have here. Some people have class, while others are crass.

What I meant is John passed away and can't comment either way now. The context is lost. I just wouldn't throw him into this.
No it's not lost sorry to say as it is in his writings to me in my message box-Traumahawk collects and copies a lot of my posts and photos as well as Kyle and posts them on other Vmax sites. They don't think I know about but other members send me screenshots constantly---in Traumahawks words he just loves gathering information to try and prove people wrong. I told John how much I appreciated him sticking up for me and he said "ANYTIME"----that's in writing also.

I ran into John at Bke Week this year, and we had a couple good conversations. I'm sure that he would not want to be dragged into some contentious discussion like we have here. Some people have class, while others are crass.
Go on to the Max Motorvation site and see how what is said about me and how many years I have put up with this.

Lets do this...I won't comment on this site again as long as I am not mentioned.
You were never mentioned this time . The post was about shotty work no names ever mentioned at all. You came in and made it about you which tells me them were your carbs why else would you get so butt hurt and then to drag someone else into specifically a dead person is as low as you can go ! As far as my site you are mad that not everyone bought into your cracked coils bullshit . I bett 99% of them people could have changes their 20 year old wires and caps and fixed the problem. I will be making a video on that soon to have a good life James .

You were never mentioned this time . The post was about shotty work no names ever mentioned at all. You came in and made it about you which tells me them were your carbs why else would you get so butt hurt and then to drag someone else into specifically a dead person is as low as you can go ! As far as my site you are mad that not everyone bought into your cracked coils bullshit . I bett 99% of them people could have changes their 20 year old wires and caps and fixed the problem. I will be making a video on that soon to have a good life James .
Ok so you don't want to do this I see---the photo you took from Danny and both of you insinuated that they were mine which they weren't is the reason I cake back on here---I see Venture carbs with hand pulled choke that looks JB welded---if I convert a set of venture carbs to vmax I send a choke lever for a snowmobile that mounts to the left side neck plate---I've done that with every venture set I ever converted---I have a letter from Danny stating that he would come on this site and state that they were not mine too. As far as my cop kits I have letters from John stating that my customer service was 2nd to none and 100% positive feedback. I've never seen anyone else guarantee their product for the life of ones bike either----you make your and video and I'll post the feedback letters I have---start with this one....
Dustin Turley I have 2 Vmaxs one has cops and the other is still stock. I've had the same set if cops on that bike since 2010 when the mod was still in its infancy and practically experimental. The only reason I switched was because I had a cracked coil that would misfire in damp weather or after washing. I picked up the set of coils and a harness on eBay for about $20. I believe they came from a CBR600 originally. Making the adapters was as easy as splicing the Vmax coil plugs onto the COP plug with enough wire to reach. Having seen photos of Jon's kit, it looks like quality work, and the price is good, so I am definitely not trying to take anything away from him. You will most likely not see any increase in HP over a PROPERLY FUNCTIONING set of stock coils. However, this is a much less expensive and less maintainance-prone alternative. Replacement COPs can be had very cheap although I believe it is pretty rare that they fail at all. Having both systems on bikes that I ride regularly, I do appreciate having one less maintainance item to worry about but I won't bother switching the other bike over until one or more if the stock coils craps out. Wires are cheap and last quite a while. Again, not trying to take any merit away from the COP mod. It has it's benefits and downfalls. Just trying to help make an informed decision.

You posted this thread with me in mind and you know it-it was the next day after I commented on your carb video on Youtube and you erased all the comments then turned them all off----tell the truth Kyle.

Stupid ass even the pictures you post with the h drag racing history have the name spelled wrong. And now you think you are smarter than my doctor. For someone that does not want to be here you sure come back a lot. I would assume it's looking fir more information to steal and claim it was your idea.
Nope no one mentioned you period or insinuated it was you again guilty conti
Nope no one mentioned you period or insinuated it was you again guilty contiance

Dannymax? Nope, not true. Just testing to see if I'm watching are ya John, Jan, Donny?
True.

Dan Unwin <[email protected]>
To:jon harris
The cobbled up choke was in reference to you…..I was told by the carb owner it was your work. Incidentally, you never said it WASN’T but I'll present your side to the forum if you want.

Last edited:
Back