Lower Inner Fork Tube '06

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been curious about what the inside of the '06 fork tube looks like....there's some stuff in there that appears to be non-removable but will spin smoothly inside the tube when rotated.

So I cut the bottom of the tube off and split it in half....here's what it looks like.

The white piece is called either the oil lock piece or the spindle taper, and that can be removed/replaced. The other things appear to be placed in machined recess's with the ends rolled over to keep them in place and cannot be removed.

Attachments

• 100_2117.jpg
    100_2117.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_2118.jpg
    100_2118.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_2119.jpg
    100_2119.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 23
danny what piece is this on the microfiche? don't remember seeing it?

danny what piece is this on the microfiche? don't remember seeing it?

Garrett, the pics are of the bottom 2" of the inner fork tube part #8 or #28 for the '06. The pieces shown in the pics are not listed on the fiche because they are sealed in the tube and cannot be removed or replaced.

It's the one labeled "DO NOT CUT APART"
:D

Oh crappo....THAT'S what the fine print said!! I couldn't quite make it out!! :bang head:

Luckily I know the 'Beadmaster' from New Jersey!! He'll just weld her back up!! :punk:

Back