Lowest Milage on a Gen I

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My '85 had "Zero Miles" on it twice. First when it was brand spankin' new, and then again when the odometer turned back to 00000.0 after reading 99999.9! Working on the 3rd time now.

I bought my 85 max about 6 months ago,and it had 3200 miles on it,but required re-doing the entire fuel system ,minus the fuel pump.Right now she is completely re-done,and only has 4125 miles on it,and i love it to death!

ah...odo readings.

Kind of middle of the pack...had like 13k when I got it in 2009, it's getting close to 29k now. And believe me I run the piss out of this motor, it is not babied in any way shape or form. Minutes at WOT? check. Lots of "redline for a good time"? check.

The only thing it asks for in return is copius quantities of 87 octane fuel and an oil change now and then(it tells me by making neutral hard to find). It's a low-maintenance kind of ride, I hate those "high maintenance" types.

Bought mine with 12k a about 7-8 years ago. Replaced both masters and brake lines, tires, brake caliper upgrade. All fluids, r/r upgrade, battery, Stuck boost servo. Clutch replacement to get rid of syntech oil slippage. And the big surprise if you don't know Vmax's, total rebuild of the carbs and fuel system cleaning-everything rubber-replaced. Fuel lines, air box boots, carb boots, vboost boots. Now with 35 1/2 k if feels faster at the higher milage too. So, old, but low milage? lookout!
Steve-o

Best bet, get someone that knows what he's doing to come with you. Most guys on the forum are glad to help. My Bro is talking about trading his BMW sport bike in for something comfortable and a little slower (punk). I told him "how about a Vmax" he won't get screwed(except for when he sells the sport bike like the last 3 he sold). I’ll sweep the bike with a fine tip comb.
Steve-o

Man I like hearing about them high milage Max's...I have now put 156 miles on my Max with the odo showing 1,957 miles.....Carbs are about 90% right now and getting better every time I rip the hell out of it....Just need to do more ripping...lol....I ain't never getting rid of this bike..way too fun to ride even for a old man....((( I did go back to the 87 octane like suggested..)))...still runs like a damn rocket....These bikes are truly fast...

Back