Marks 4-2 2.75" exhaust installed heres the result

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the exhaust note hits your chest with a thump on every cyl. even when you arnt standing behind the bike. awesome power the sound is gorgeous, but im pretty sure there'll be noise infractions this summer.

here ya go... its in HD too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqJuiVmHCNg

peace,
evan....

Dang that thing sounds mean! I'm also running the Mark's ceramic coated 4-2 but smaller outlets and I thought mine was loud. lol! I can tell from the smile on your face you're a happer camper. Your bike is really looking and sounding nice brother!:punk:
Mike

I need to hear more!

Any chance of hearing it outside? The playback was kind of muffled in the garage.

It overloaded your microphone being in the garage... :confused2:
Gotta sound way cool if you can get it outside for a video...:biglaugh:

ill put something together when it quits raining. thanks guys.

peace,
evan...

Very nice!

I just sent you a email but I forgot to ask... what caused you to be shaking.... almost had a run in with something?? :p

That sounds just plain nasty!...in a very good way.

Women, children and small animals must run for cover when they here that thing coming (from miles away).

Sweet Evan! :thumbs up: :thumbs up: Your new system sounds awesome! I had mine measured with a sound meter this past weekend and it registered at 112 decibels, I can only imagine yours is in the 120 db range!!:punk::punk::punk:
And please do tell of your interesting event that left you shaking!

Sweet Evan! :thumbs up: :thumbs up: Your new system sounds awesome! I had mine measured with a sound meter this past weekend and it registered at 112 decibels, I can only imagine yours is in the 120 db range!!:punk::punk::punk:
And please do tell of your interesting event that left you shaking!

Trevor's sound gadget was fun to test the different exhausts. For those that are interested in db readings I recall the following: Redbone's marks 112, my HMF 109, Glenns kerker 116!:punk:

There were some more but I can't remember.

Dale #2592

Way Cool, Badd Assed Sound.. Bet you won't have too many dogs chasin you. You'll drown out any Harleys that want to impress you at lights.... :rofl_200: Thanks for the videos. :clapping:

Trevor's sound gadget was fun to test the different exhausts. For those that are interested in db readings I recall the following: Redbone's marks 112, my HMF 109, Glenns kerker 116!:punk:

There were some more but I can't remember.

Dale #2592
What surprised me is that my Marks was as loud as Goose's UFO 4 into 1!! Both read at 112 db's but have a completely differnt sounds.
Maybe I should look at what the packing is like (if there is any left after 15,000 miles!), it is kinda hard to be stealthy with a Marks exhaust anyways!:punk:

Lol, you know i should subscribe to my own threads... i post and forget lol... i believe the interesting ride was with the extra jam in the corners. its very easy to get sideways and im sure i had a suprising first encounter. Thank you for the positive comments my summer is over and the bike is away. i can report no noise violations, speeding tix, or other LEO related incidents. but i did accomplish stripping a few teeth off of second gear. the extra power and being abusive to the dd mod was a contributing factor. me driving like a jackass was probably the primary cause lol.... New gear installed with solid mounts and i was off to the races again.

as far as the pipes go, i went with a black look as im trying to black out much of the bike. and as stated in another post the jet coating isnt what it was when it was new, and could use a recoat every 3 years or so IMHO. NOT to deter anyone from it but i ride in all weather, and all roads. gravel included. the pipes seem louder for sure. i put a good 6000 kms on after i put the pipes on. full helmets and earplugs are a must for highway trips.

I LOVE THE PIPES. the best 860 bucks ive ever spent....

Peace,
Evan....

Thanks for the noise test results as well. i think around here its 88dbs or 95 dbs im not sure. im def fucked... everytime i see LEOs i pull in the clutch and coast... lol.

peace,
Evan...

Latest posts

Back