Marks exhaust question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagherra

Reaction score
Has anyone tried fitting another can to their Mark's exhaust that didn't come from Mark? I love the sound of the exhaust but it is pretty loud for daily riding. I was thinking about having an extra set of cans to replace them back and forth depending on use.

I've tried contacting Mark, but not having much luck. I've tried via phone.

Hey Bagherra,
rather than getting another set of cans, just get a set of baffels for your pipes from Mark; when you finally talk with him. He made a set for my Mark's pipes; cost me $50 but the baffels quiet the exhaust music about 30% from full loudness ! This was just the level I was looking for AND this comes with out losing any low rummble sounds or performance gains with the pipes. I think you'd be happy with this approach; I was. :eusa_dance:

It's not too bad to swap them out either. Remove the end cap / remove the insulation / pull out the center pipe & swap with the baffel ( or vise versa ) / reinstall insulation / put end cap back on. I'm getting ready to reinstall the baffels again; I take them out for the summer rides with the other V-Maxs so I'm not the quiet one !! :punk:

Turn downs would also quiet the system some too.... I have 2" cores on my 94 and they're pretty quiet except when I crack the throttle... Put a Marks 12" can on my 89 with Kerker 4-1. Packed it with store bought packing and it's too quiet for my taste...

Back