Miami Bound

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I will be headed to Miami in the morning buying 94 Max out there. Gonna make a long drive for me tomorrow. I imagine I will be partung it out after I put some good carbs on it & ride it around a bit. It has a Kerker header,backrest,corbin seat, progressive shocks. It was parked because of floats sticking & guy did not know how to fix.

Thanx for the call you made to check on me Kyle.. Would love to go with you but still not in good enough shape to make that 8 hour ride...
Be Safe and Good Luck.....

Dave

PS: See you in the coming week....

Yeah, I saw that, my wife would kill me if I bought another bike.

Enjoy the ride! getting there always seems to go bye faster.......the ride home is the long part, drive safe.

How can anybody not look forward to an 8 hour ride thru the mountains and valleys of rural Florida...:biglaugh:

One thing in FL's favor is the FHP is spread pretty-thin & you can usually see from a long ways off the places a trooper would hide to clock you. There is the 'bear in the air' though.

Actually, the trip south on I-75 from FL's west coast is really pretty in places. Tha area around Port Charlotte, hard-hit by hurricanes not long-ago, is beautiful as you are at height passing thru, lots of mangrove islands and waterways made by Ma Nature, you can almost see the native Americans and the pirates & wreckers working the littoral coastline for their livelihoods.

Then when you get into Miami, there is such a variety of ethnic restaurants, oh, and did I mention the world-wide variety of women who work/live/vacation here? Miami Beach or almost anywhere along Biscayne Bay is prime viewing on a nice day. Remember those opening credits on Miami Vice? Right now there is a big influx of Brazilians, so the beaches and clubs are prime viewing areas. Not that Kyle is going to any of those places, he is bike-hunting.

My brother lived in Boston & the surrounding area (he was on the bay in Hingham when they retired & moved to WI) & he said it was the only place he ever lived where the drivers would honk at you for sitting at a red light instead of running it!

Isn't Worcester best-known as the home of Robert H. Goddard, and a fire or something?

I have another brother in MA & having visited, I like the entire state for its different areas, kinda like FL in that respect. Some urban, some rural, but there is more topographical change there, a big plus for you!

We in FL have the 12 mo./yr. riding, but I am a bit spoiled & do not ride much when it's 90+ degrees and 90%+ humidity, so that cuts-into your fun quotient. I can be on the ocean sand by bicycle in six minutes, if I hump it, so why ride your mcy & have to pay for parking when you can be there in about the same timeframe, & do not have to worry about the parking meter? Bsides, when you are riding along the ocean access on your bicycle, you have full access to "the sights," & I ain't talking real estate.:biglaugh:

1400 hr. Update! Kyle is on his way home w/his friend Troy, who is helping him w/the travel. They have an item in the bed of the Ram-tough V-10, which should yield many tasty accessory items. I got there a few minutes before he did, & the owner was a nice gentleman, the '94 had a lot of stuff on it, the engine turned-over, and we worked to get it into the bed of Kyle's high tailgate bed truck. This one is gonna yield some good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if he swapped a set of carbs onto it & used a supplemental gas tank w/a fresh battery, that it would run. The gas tank looked CREEM'ed, so just write that off. I will post some pics when I get back to my computer.

The 1999 Worcester Cold Storage Fire is taught in fire tactics & strategy classes as an example of what can go wrong in a commercial/industrial fire, and why accountability for every person going in & their location is paramount to seeing the same number come out, and the need for rapid intervention teams and a systematic approach to search/rescue and attack. Becoming disoriented and running out of air SCBA and not knowing how to exit when you can't see is what killed people.

Got it home & started playing with it as soon as I got home drained all the gas out & used my air vacula & sucked all the stuff out of bottom of the tank & blew out the fuel lines & threw a battery in it & she fired up sounds good probably only gonna need to do the shotgun on it. Bike has 15,000 miles on it. I am gonna take it out tomorrow & & run it thru the gears if there all good like the guy told me I am just gonna turn it back stock & sell all the accessories & sell the bike whole after I clean it all up where its been sitting outside.

Kyle, you know the rules...............where are the pics?

Congrats Kyle....

I'm in a conversation with my Dr right now. It's looking like I may be going back to the ER today.. Everyone, Keep Good thoughts for me, Please..

Dave

Congrats Kyle....

I'm in a conversation with my Dr right now. It's looking like I may be going back to the ER today.. Everyone, Keep Good thoughts for me, Please..

Dave

That sounds ominous Dave!? Plenty of good vibes coming your way from down under mate :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I've sorta Hi Jacked this thread. Dr. increased my dosage of Xanax a lot. He will see me Wednesday. Said from the last ER results (Friday Night) it dosen't appear I'm in life threatening condition right now. Just uncomfortable with BP bouncing all over and chills in my arms and chest. I'm not a hypocondriac, just got some wierd things going on. He may refer me to Neurology Wed. :ummm::confused2::bang head: For Now. Thanx for the good thoughts.

Dave

Hope you find out whats ailing you Dave. Sounds like you need to get to the beach and relax and look at the scenery and forget about everything else for awhile.

Well here is a couple pictures of the 94 it deffinately needs some elbow grease but nothing I cant do in a couple days. The backrest & rack will be headed to the powder coater this week & will be for sale.The Kerker will also be for sale when I get it off might recoat it first. The corbin will most likely be for sal to. It also has Progressive 418 11 1/2 I will either be selling these or the 13 inch 418's off my bike not sure which ones yet. My 13 inch ones are like new the short ones have some oxidation on them but there cleaning up nicely.

Attachments

• 94 Vmax 001.jpg
    94 Vmax 001.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 94 Vmax 002.jpg
    94 Vmax 002.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 94 Vmax 003.jpg
    94 Vmax 003.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 16
Back