Mirrors thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up with these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&category0=&fvi=1&item=380079354363&viewitem=

I really like them, i think they improve the look of the bike and very nice to look out of. not shaky at around 115 today either!

I added some pics below... speaking of which now, i just need to get like a 1/2" of grip for each bar end now so you don't see the metal...

anyone got a spare grip they'll sell me cheap? It can be pretty ratty as long as there is a 1 1/2" good part of it!!!

Attachments

• SSPX0082.jpg
    SSPX0082.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 45
  • SSPX0081.jpg
    SSPX0081.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 44
  • SSPX0084.jpg
    SSPX0084.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 68
Most compact clean look ya can get with mirrors, I wish the law didnt require that you have them..

Them bar end mirrors wouldnt be to good when traffic is backed up for miles and ya have to ride the white line or go between...

Attachments

• 100_2060.jpg
    100_2060.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 68
I like your look lankee but i don't think i'd be able to see much with those. I like the bar ends as well.. much more visible than the stock ones.

Can't you just move the grips/housings, etc closer to the bar end? Would look better than adding parts of grips to the end.

Can't you just move the grips/housings, etc closer to the bar end? Would look better than adding parts of grips to the end.

On the left side, yes, but i just glued down the grip like 2 weeks ago.. :doh:

On the right side the throttle housing actually extends almost all the way to the end of the bar so i'd have to chop off part of the throttle housing...

So i could either do that, or get like a 1/2" of grips to see how that looks. I figured the grips was easier so i'd try that if i didn't like it i could try ungluing and chopping part of the throttle housing...

just so everyone knows.... p/n: 90338-09012-00 works for the mirror plugs... its from an fjr and a yzf600 among others i'm sure...

Thanks vmaxfast.

Yours are more rectangular tho, same company?

Sucks b/c i have the stock bar ends on, which shows like 3/4" of bar and i just glued down my left grip so i'd either have to get a new grip(s), cut off that part of the bar or deal with the 3/4" gap eh?
Re: Mirrors thread
Well you can pic up a nice set of grips off ebay for about 30.00 or cheaper shipped to your door, drill out the end of them to install the mirrors. These grips also help alot on viberation's you get thru the bars. (cut it in half) in my case anyway. Well worth the money

Back