Mirrors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Gumby

Reaction score
Those of you with super bike bars, what mirrors are you running? The stock ones seem to work out all right but it'd be nice to have something with a little more style. I thought of bar end mirrors but I think those would make it too wide. Any pictures you could post would be great!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I went to the bar end style and love them, I do have a set oF billet mirrors with flames. I can post pictures if interested. tim

Attachments

• VMAX18.jpg
    VMAX18.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 111
I run the stock looking ones but they have the short stems.
Have run quite a few different ones over the years but can't se to find QUALITY, probably cause I'm a cheap ass.

Too many fuckers on eBay advertising billet when really its cast pot metal with chrome plating.

I have the same issue as Rusty, bought a bunch of different types of mirrors over the years with little success due mostly to cheap quality.

I even bought a set of Kuryakyn (spelling maybe wrong) billet mirrors that were valued at $150 bucks (not what I paid) and they are crap.

Best mirrors that I have owed for my GenI max is the stock GenII mirrors that I have now. I can see past my shoulder, very little vibration and they stay tight on the bars.

Mike

I'm worried that Bar End Mirrors would get torn off when the Hooligan takes over...

I hand the bar end type broke 1 off going out of my playroom house. I went back to the stock mirrors.

Attachments

• IMG_20130825_110917.jpg
    IMG_20130825_110917.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 69
I have the same issue as Rusty, bought a bunch of different types of mirrors over the years with little success due mostly to cheap quality.

I even bought a set of Kuryakyn (spelling maybe wrong) billet mirrors that were valued at $150 bucks (not what I paid) and they are crap.

Best mirrors that I have owed for my GenI max is the stock GenII mirrors that I have now. I can see past my shoulder, very little vibration and they stay tight on the bars.

Mike

Can you post a pic of the gen2 mirrors I like to see what it look like on a vmax gen1 thanks.

I run the teardrop shaped mirrors. Match the shape of the bodywork. NO WAY café gay for my bike

I'm worried that Bar End Mirrors would get torn off when the Hooligan takes over...

I hand the bar end type broke 1 off going out of my playroom house. I went back to the stock mirrors.
That's Exactly why I never considered using them.

I actually still use the OEM Mirrors just because they work well for me.
I've seen quite a few Vmaxes that had smaller mirrors that look really good, but were basically useless unless you aren't moving at all.

I put a set from J&P cycles made by Radical Customs they aren't big but I can see whatever I want in them but they were about $98 for the pair. But like everything custom I have on mine they're NOT CHEAP! But for real, it's like they say " You get what you pay for" and I use that as a rule of thumb for everything. Cause it really is true. Mine are called scorpions. Eventually I was planning on a rear view camera and doing away with my mirrors all together. But I think I'm gonna put Arlen Ness flamed mirrors on for next year to fit the theme of my bike.

Got these from Sean, they are the billet short style. Sometimes I have to shift my body just a little to see out of them but not bad at all and its probably only because I'm a pretty big guy, they were really reasonably priced at around $50 I wanna say but you'd do best to get a price straight from him.

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384386271488.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384386271488.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 99
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384386293589.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384386293589.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 82
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384386330133.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384386330133.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 86
Got these from Sean, they are the billet short style. Sometimes I have to shift my body just a little to see out of them but not bad at all and its probably only because I'm a pretty big guy, they were really reasonably priced at around $50 I wanna say but you'd do best to get a price straight from him.

Honestly those look like the same design of the "so called" billets I got off eBay that were chrome plated die cast pot metal.
Loved the way they look on my bike but the chrome didn't last.

If I could find that style in actual machined billet I'd be interested.

I'm not sure what the definition of billet really is but to me it implies that it was machined from a solid block of material.

Honestly those look like the same design of the "so called" billets I got off eBay that were chrome plated die cast pot metal.
Loved the way they look on my bike but the chrome didn't last.

If I could find that style in actual machined billet I'd be interested.

I'm not sure what the definition of billet really is but to me it implies that it was machined from a solid block of material.

These are billet aluminum Rusty, no chrome on them. I like them a lot and the only issue I have with them is my own fault, the left one comes loose at around 100mph but that's because I didn't tighten them super tight because I pull them off at the track. If I were to wrench them down I'm sure they'd be fine :)

I need to check and make sure what I can still get. I believe the latest versions of these are chromed. They are inexpensive ($45) so you can always throw them away and get another set if they rust up on you.

I do have the gen 2 vmax type mirrors as well. I think they are pictured in the mirror comparison pics I attached.

Also, Billet is loosely used anymore by many places. These are probably cast and then machined for the final profile. A true billet mirror is expensive and I do have a few available (though don't normally stock them).

I have the black arrowheads on my personal bike (seen in the bottom left of the black mirrors pic).

Attachments

• Billet_Mirror_2.jpg
    Billet_Mirror_2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Chrome Mirrors.jpg
    Chrome Mirrors.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Black Mirrors.jpg
    Black Mirrors.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 80
Are the Gen 2 mirrors the shorter ones in the top left of the second picture? What is the price on that set? I need mirrors in a bad way. None on the bike and I hate not seeing behind me.

Back