Motor shifted?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
Alright I have an older thread that could explain how this may of happened if this is actually an issue. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=17128

Now, when looking at my motor I see what could be a problem, I am not sure if I am seeing problems where there are none or this is a very big problem.

Attached are two photos of my engine. It looks to me that the top part is shifted not sitting flush with the rest of the motor. (Sorry, dont know the names of the parts)

If you see the left side it looks like the top is shifted back, but if you look at the right side it still looks flush.

Am I seeing things? Or do I have an expensive problem on my hands?

picture.php

picture.php

I don't see a problem. Is it the missing paint under the valve cover that concerns you? Maybe a more specific description might help. What I see looks normal.

If you look at the left side of the photos, you can see where the "top" of the engine does not sit flush, I honestly dont know how to give a better description considering I don't know the names of the parts.

Are talking where the valve cover meets the cylinder head?
Check out the attached pic, I have circled the area I think your talking about.....

If so, no worries.

Attachments

• cyl head.bmp
    353.4 KB · Views: 22
Think if there was an issue with the way the valve cover sits on the head there would be oil pouring out.

Good rule of thumb: no oil....no problem. :punk:

Also no signs of any impact in that area, that I can see.

Looks fine to me other then needing new valve cover gaskets. The valve covers are not perfect fits for the machined surfaces of the heads. They are centered up by the bolts through them and not in relation to the surface.

Sean

Back