motorcycle wiring diagrams

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good find! Wish VMX12 was on there then we could add a link in our Electrical forum.

Attached below are two different shematics for a 86-87 VENTURE that I have drawn.

I have done these for every year venture where there was a change.

The one titled 86-87 Yamaha Venture DS Wiring Diagram Rev D shows every connector on the bikes. The other one titled 86-89 Yamaha Venture Simplified Circuit Diagram Rev D does not show the connectors. It is electrically the same, but much easier to follow as the wires can be laid out better.

I could only load a screen capture of these. The PDF file was to large to load. But that can be overcame with a moderators help.

Point is, would there be any major interest in these being done for the VMax's?

These are very clear and readable. I have had some guys plot them out at 24" x 36" and they look great.

Gary

Attachments

• 86-87 Yamaha Venture DS Wiring Diagram Rev D.jpg
    86-87 Yamaha Venture DS Wiring Diagram Rev D.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 86-89 Yamaha Venture Simplified Circuit Diagram Rev D.jpg
    86-89 Yamaha Venture Simplified Circuit Diagram Rev D.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 48
Could someone scan the wiring diagram from the service manual for an 85-89 VMax for me.

A Europe version would be nice of also of the 83-89 & the 90-200?

The ones Morley has on his site are nice, but do not give all the information. His don't show the wire connection pin outs in the correct format, which is helpful in trouble shooting or modifying the wiring.

Even if it has to be scanned in two pieces.

High resolution if possible. I need to be able to make out all the nomenclature on it.

I have a somewhat readable one for the 90 -2003 version but a better one would be nice.

As mentioned above, I have redone all the Venture ones, and they have been very well liked.

The layout I have done them in matches the way Yamaha did the Royal Star Venyures. These are much easier to follow. Circuits are laid out a little different, so as to eliminate wire crosses that make them much hardes to follow.

I have gotten plenty of time on my hands right now, I am awaiting an appointment with a nuero surgeon to see about a back operation.

PM me if you can help out.

Gary

Latest posts

Back