My Carb Rebuild

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgrowc1

Reaction score
This is what was done

4 needle valve asy
4 gasket
4 o ring
4 cap
4 cap
4 o ring
4 o ring
4 pilot screw set
1 filter assy
4 o ring
4 joint, carb 3
4 diaphragm
4 joint

(some repeated - different parts #)

Parts came to 573.91 (and that is with a 50% employee discount)
labor 6 hours - 288.13 (done at 40% employee discount)

All done at yamaha all OEM parts.

Was expensive I know but I did not realize the power I was loosing. Thought it was fast before.
Now bike does not need choke when warm weather but does still spit a little when cold - any ideas as to why? I am guessing not 100% synced?

Anyway I am very happy with how it is running and other than the spitting still when it is cold and warming up I am still very impressed. Still get an exhaust pop with choke on not when off though - that normal???

Just looked at the receipt and I actually got labor at 50% and parts at cost +10%. Actually saved almost $900
Thanks
MG

New carbs are like $2000-$2500 and might have been close to ok with his discount but still too darn high.

No choke might mean it's a bit rich though the pop is normally lean. The cold sneeze is normal many times when you get them tuned right.

Sean

i agree it is a lot even with the discounts but good god i did not realize how much power I could gain! front end comes up very very very easy now, esp in 2nd

also glad to hear the cold sneeze as you put it is normal. Does it very occasionally when warm but when cold without the choke quite a lot. with choke on does not do it at all, just get the exhaust pop.

Anyway now she is running great I am moving on to my exterior defects that are annoying me

Back