My new project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the pics if they come out this time.

Attachments

• sunbeam 1.jpg
    sunbeam 1.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 60
  • sunbeam 3.jpg
    sunbeam 3.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 50
  • sunbeam 5.jpg
    sunbeam 5.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 51
  • sunbeam.jpg
    sunbeam.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 48
  • sunbeam2.jpg
    sunbeam2.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 40
Damn - makes my buddies '63 BMW look like a modern miracle.

Are you keeping it 6 volt, or is it magneto only ?

Neat. Always cool to turn something from an "antique" into something useful and functional again.

Doesn't look like it's in too bad of a condition....looks to be all there and in decent shape.

Dad had a Sunbeam "Alpine" car many years ago. Was before they used timers at the track so cars were grouped by engine and car type. They got tired of getting whooped by it all the time so they ended up "teching" him to death. The olds v8 he had dropped in there was flat making the car move down the track!

Sean

What exactly is the plan for the bike? IMO something like this would eat up alot of time just hunting parts alone. Wouldn't be easier to make your own motor mounts and use a crete motor or something along those lines. I'm not saying go run for the latest s&s crete engine that has been done 1000+ times before (i'm not real crazy about air cooled motors espicially ones that are so expensive too). But if you were to find like a honda cr500 engine (500cc 2 STROKE liquid cooled singal cylinder dirt bike engin) you would have something crazy unique and again IMO 2 stroke is always a blast to ride. Still very curious as to what you want to do with it, let us know the details.

What exactly is the plan for the bike? IMO something like this would eat up alot of time just hunting parts alone. Wouldn't be easier to make your own motor mounts and use a crete motor or something along those lines. I'm not saying go run for the latest s&s crete engine that has been done 1000+ times before (i'm not real crazy about air cooled motors espicially ones that are so expensive too). But if you were to find like a honda cr500 engine (500cc 2 STROKE liquid cooled singal cylinder dirt bike engin) you would have something crazy unique and again IMO 2 stroke is always a blast to ride. Still very curious as to what you want to do with it, let us know the details.
The engine is supposed to be in good shape besides needing the carb rebuilt & a new kick start shaft put in which he has & it takes like 20 minutes to put in on this model. It is gonna stay close to original maybe a diffrent color. Most all the parts are still available from Stewart engineering. I have not seen the bike in person yet he got back late last night with it so i am gonna check it out today.

Classic piece of engineering, looks best in black IMO
Sunbeam-S7-1947.jpg

This bike is way too cool. The drivetrain itself has to be a marvel, being in line and not changing directions... I hope it's not Harley's Army Green or worse yet Kawi Green....

I like it.:biglaugh:I think the inline engine was ahead of its time. The New Triumph uses this same idea. I would love to hear one run and take it for a rip.:eusa_dance:
It cant be that out-dated....it still looks like a modern harley:rofl_200:

If its not to much more money I think were gonna go to 12 volt. I am gonna have to do a lot of research on this project & its probably gonna take a while since all the parts have to come from the UK

Kyle I'm gonna be in the UK from Oct 18 and for a number of months - let me know if there's anything I can do to help with parts, shipping etc..

If you're gonna go green, use the British Racing Green - it's very dark and deep and shiny and looks great. :worthy:

Kyle I'm gonna be in the UK from Oct 18 and for a number of months - let me know if there's anything I can do to help with parts, shipping etc..

If you're gonna go green, use the British Racing Green - it's very dark and deep and shiny and looks great. :worthy:
Thanks G just got back from looking at it it is deffinately a big project. He want s to tear a lot of it down which is fine with me. It looks like were gonna kind of turn it into a joint project. He now has this vision of two tone paint kind of Brown & cream colors.

Back