My seat is so HARD!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithben1983

Reaction score
So I have been out on my new(to me) 97 vmax it has the corbin seat on it with there back rest I cant take it any more it is hard as a rock and just flat, slippery as can be I can deal with it when riding alone... kind of, but when my lady gets on there every stop she just slides right into me shoving my man parts into the air box cover thingy. it sucks! deside today I have to do something about it. I want a good seat. good seat for 2 up i also really want a back rest for the lady makes her feel like I won't forget her :rofl_200: I have been looking at the maxgasser and and smortmax seat not sure what other options are out there. also are these corbins always this hard i mean shit it would almost be better if it was wood at least i would know it was gonna suck!

You can recover and re-foam the seat yourself or have a local upholsterer do it for you . :punk:

Attachments

• DSC02315.jpg
    DSC02315.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 31
most of the woman love the comfort of the maxgasser,the extra height means more cushin for them and more back support for you!

and thanks Kyle,your right, for about $25 smithben could try a MAXGASSER and know if its right for them (two up) or not.

I don't have an stock backrest just the one built into my seat what options are there for back rests with your seat? the stock ones are so spendy!

So I have been out on my new(to me) 97 vmax it has the corbin seat on it with there back rest I cant take it any more it is hard as a rock and just flat, slippery as can be I can deal with it when riding alone... kind of, but when my lady gets on there every stop she just slides right into me shoving my man parts into the air box cover thingy. it sucks! deside today I have to do something about it. I want a good seat. good seat for 2 up i also really want a back rest for the lady makes her feel like I won't forget her :rofl_200: I have been looking at the maxgasser and and smortmax seat not sure what other options are out there. also are these corbins always this hard i mean shit it would almost be better if it was wood at least i would know it was gonna suck!

The top three pics are Maxgasser, Morley Muscle Seat, & RMS Sportmax. The muscle and RMS seat are basically usually just replacing the foam & upolstering while giving you a 1-1/2 to 2" lower seat for a better center of gravity plus comfort. I have owned the muscle and sportmax seats and loved them both. Now with the maxgasser I havent tried as of yet, but I did meet Rick, the owner, when he first introducted the seat last year at Thunder in the Valley.

All seats look great, but you will have to just which one works best for you. All three vendors are great, down to earth, people that will go the extra mile for you. Either way, you will have to buy these seats outright since you have a corbin and not the stock one.

Smithben, the MAXGASSER will work with stock sissybar or with HAC backrest,But if your using a HAC I need to make minior adjustments to the rear seat pan(not a big deal) I can also adjust the "hardness" of the foams based on your preferance(I pour them myself)

Yep, we all have decent seats and the Corbin sucks as is. We can rework your corbin without any problems at all. See pics of them in the Facebook link in my signature.

Sean

i hated my corbin for that reason, it was to hard or i just am not heavy enough to get the padding to move. i got rid of mine and traded it for a UFO starfighter which is close to a RMS sportmax and morley seat. havent rode yet with the new seat but sitting on it in the basement i like it better than the old corbin.

Back