need your help with an oil weep

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pull the slave cylinder off the clutch push rod seal is your problem. The slave cylinder seal you are talking about will swell when hot oil get on it . This does not mean your clutch slave cylinder is leaking fluid. See my attachment WP_20140517_002.jpging Note that is what the area looks like with the seal out & notice the where the 2 bolts are their will be dry no oil which the holds the clutch slave cylinder on. John from PCW Racing is the best source for issues with your motor the piece I am getting is custom made from John the only place I found who even knew about my problem in the first place. Anyway my part is due in Tuesday June 3 2014. I will probably install in the next few days so I will post the fix for you. I have spent years tuning my max they are not easy but just hang in there.

Last edited:
The seal that goes around the clutch rod came with the rebuild kits that I bought. So I also changed that seal twice. Is this the seal you are getting from PCW? If it fixes your leak, I will definitely want to get the part number from you. My bike is in really good condition and I would love to get this leak fixed.

First off its a plate that will hold the seal in place. You need to run your bike with the clutch slave cylinder off where you see the seal & watch the oil coming out. Mine pushes the seal clean out of the block after the bike runs for about 15 minutes. I can push the seal in the block with my fingers. I got the piece to fix my bike late yesterday. I will hopefully go to my Dad's shop Thursday to install the piece & put my bike back together. If you want to know where the oil is coming from remove the clutch slave cylinder put the cover back over the pinion shaft & start the bike up & watch for the oil leak. I will send you pictures of the install.

Ok, thanks.
Do you have a part number for the plate you ordered?
My clutch rod seal was not pushed out when I checked it both times, but I may try the plate if it works for you.

First call John at PCW Racing their is no part number. He calls the item a seal holder which he makes. I plan on doing mine Thursday June 5 2014 which I will post pics of the install & video of bike running with the leak fixed. Anyway just visit his website for the phone number. Talk to him he is very nice & will treat you right.

waiting on pins and needles. can't wait to hear what comes off this. if you report good findings, I think ill be calling up pcw. thanks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Well it the seal holder fix it. I don't have time right now to upload pics & video but I will later today. You need to pull off your clutch slave cylinder & start the bike up & see if the oil comes out from the outside the seal. I will post the pics today like I said but you must know for sure where the oil is coming from don't guess. Anyway the fix work and I will post pics and do a written walk through tonight.

nice. I realize that there is no pcw part number, but what do u ask for exactly when I talk to them?

Sorry about not posting last night got home to late. Anyway when you call John at PCW Racing you ask of the clutch pushrod seal holder. View attachment 43586

So this is where the piece will go;View attachment 43587

Here are some pieces for those who don't know what is removed before you place the seal holder onView attachment 43588View attachment 43589

Now the seal holder goes behind the clutch slave cylinder and the engine block.

Sorry I could load a video of the bike running after the seal holder was installed. Anyway I am checking into the reason why and when I can I will upload the video.

Matt

Sorry I still can't upload pics yet getting 404 client server error. I have to get a hold of my ISP to get problem fix. Anyway hopefully get them loaded some time this week. I live out in the country where I still use dial up.

OK I think I finally got the pictures to upload. This first pic is the item you need to order from John at PCW RacingWP_20140605_001[1].jpg

The piece you order from John at PCW Racing will go here nex to the block.WP_20140517_002[1].jpg I don't show the seal in place due to their is a bushing install in the block for the clutch push rod to be guided through the block.

You will have to remove the following pieces WP_20140503_001[1].jpgWP_20140517_003[1].jpg

I will post video of bike running once I get my setting right to download.

This will fix the problem if you are replacing seals & still leaking if you see oil on the bottom of the clutch slave cylinder then the seal going into the block is the one leaking. Hope this helps if you need more information please post and I will try and answer your questions. Note the piece is a trick to put on so just be patient you will install the piece right.

Here is the video of my bike running with the seal holder in place. Note th bolts that hold the clutch slave cylinder are not in a oil gallery. Bolts go into solid metal.

url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epOvbXcdnL0&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Wooo hooo. I hope this does the trick. props to matt427 for the pics and vid

Glad to see you got to see the pics & video. Note in the video the oil spot next to the rear tire was how much oil I lost with leak. Anyway hopefully it fixes your problem as well. Send pics if you have any other questions or concerns. I will check the site from time to time.

Matt

ya, my summer project will involve weeding out my carb pops, this weep, and my melting ignition switch. with this seal, im pretty sure ive got the three of them figured out now. just need the time, which with the things the way they are right now, won't prolly be until fall. hahaha.

The seal that goes around the clutch rod came with the rebuild kits that I bought. So I also changed that seal twice. Is this the seal you are getting from PCW? If it fixes your leak, I will definitely want to get the part number from you. My bike is in really good condition and I would love to get this leak fixed.

Are you referring to a slave cyl. rebuild kit? I've gotten several of them but none came with the push rod seal.

Back