New fuel tank installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daves86vmax

Reaction score
My new fuel tank and carb diaphram arrived from cheapcycleparts.com on tues.All Yamaha factory parts way less expensive than the dealership.Very happy with their service,Installed the tank and diaphram and the bike run great.Has anyone else dealt with them and if so was it good or bad.:eusa_dance:

After recently looking for a good deal on some OEM parts, the prices on that site do appear to be cheaper than anywhere else I looked. Glad you got the stuff you needed.

Was pricing the air cleaner and carb joints and it was more than 10% less than the same parts on RonAyers, so definitely a worthy site.

Needing a front brake light switch and did some comparing. Price at cheapcycleparts was about $1 less than local dealer. Shipping was 14 times higher!!

$14 + to ship a stop light switch, that hardly has any weight at all? Ridiculous!!

In all fairness, the switch is the only item I compared, other parts may look better.

I definitely would use this site if I had alot of parts to order since it seems that the $14 shipping seems to be universal for whatever you order. But for a couple small parts I would still use RonAyers.com I need to order some intake boots for the carbs to the manifold and through ron ayers it comes out to a couple dollars cheaper with shipping.

I'm looking at steering bearings (2) and oil filter.

Bikebandit $29.61 / 7.38

CheapCycleParts $ 23.96/6.82

But then shipping...

BikeBandit $7.95 (UPS Ground)

CheapCycleParts $14.95 (Standard 7-10 days)

Total Bikebandit $ 74.55 / CheapCycleParts $ 69.69

So overall, CheapCycleParts still wins if you buy more parts - the more parts the higher saving.

In my case though, I also need two Shinko 230 tires, and BikeBandit, even with their added $9.90 (pair of tires) handling fee added, still have the unbeatable price of

110/90 18 for $53.98 and 170/80 15 for $74.98

so I can get all I need for $213.41

I really kinda wish CheapCycleParts sold Shinko tires, but they don't, so I have to stick with BB this one time...

Has no one compared prices with these guys and Mondak Yamaha / Gary McCoy? Thought he was supposed to have the best prices.

I just talked to Gary. He's even better than CheapCycleParts on the bearings and oil filter I need. He's gonna find out about the Shinkos and get back to me, as he hasn't set himself up with the distributors yet.

When I told him the Shinko prices I found so far, he went 'are you sure you wanna put your life on tires that cheap?' :clapping:

Well I'm going by what everyone said here - that they are a good buy. :punk:

Will keep ya all posted soon as I find out his deal :eusa_dance:

I tried to order a tire from bike bandit before and never received it. It was lost by UPS and I showed them in the tracking that it was lost once I was able to get in touch with them. I got my money back a month later but the trouble I had to go through just to talk to somebody there is not worth it to me. Try to find a phone # on their site, I couldn't, had to go through San Diego BBB to get their #. Called the number and was number 8 in "queue" for over a hour, never did connect with anybody on the phone. Emails didn't work/ or were never responded to. Their chat system is not very good either, as I would get cut off all the time. :confused2:
I ordered my shinko from Tires Unlimited and recieved it in 2 days. In the end, I would rather pay a little more for quicker service.

I've ordered many times from BikeBandit. My orders have always taken 2-3 weeks, which sucks. Shipping cost sucks. I finally went to the local dealer for both Honda and Yamaha parts. I get the parts in 3-5 days and don't pay any shipping. $14 to ship a brake light switch? Yeah right. That's probably a typical shopping cart that tries to calculate shipping by cost and not by weight.

I just called BB (888-339 3888 on the top of website page) and talked to a sales representative within seconds. While he was very helpful, I found out that the Shinkos are on back order, showing '9+' which he said could mean 10 or 50 (!). They are due to arrive next week (29th) but if your order is outside numbers already on back order, next delivery could be as far as Xmas!!! :bang head::bang head::bang head:

He also confirmed that they show up as 'radials' everywhere he looked, which must obviously be wrong as if they were they would be rated 'VR' rather than 'V'. I can see a potential for a hefty refund or a lawsuit here lol... :clapping:

For the record, my previous couple of orders with BB were satisfied within the expected 5-7 days you'd expect from UPS ground, although I always made sure to call first to confirm the items I was ordering were in stock.

So let's hope Gary @ Mondak gets back to me with good news - I need a rear tire yesterday as my Qualifier is now bold :confused2:

I agree the shipping is high for one or two parts but I saved about 72.00 on the tank and almost 30.00 on the carb diaphram not to mention the what I saved on the misc o-rings,gankets,sending unit,nuts bolts washers.The shipping cost was 18.00 UPS ground and took about 2 weeks to arrive.Definetely not a place to order everything but it does pay off if you have a large order.I'm not too familiar with whoever you guys usually buy from but i'll try them out if needed.Later guys.

Back