new grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
I've been contimplating those too, as you said, they look like the d3 ones...I'm getting ready to order a drag bar and new grips to go with it and those are top on my list verses everything else that I've seen.

We sell the D3 grips and they are very nice. It's hard to say on these knock off's if they will be decent but for the money they are a good buy.

Sean

They look good and look like they are built the same as the Driven grip (metal over rubber grip). I wonder what the quality difference vs. the Driven grips??

Got a similar one. I look jut fine.
I haven't riden with them for a long time yet.
Both model are the same or almost although one is branded.
Not bad for the price but far from a rizoma set in term of quality.

I bought the set marked sold on that auction.......waiting on them now,should be here any day now...bought in december... will report quality when received.

Wire

I have those first ones.

They arent long enough to cover the entire end of the bar where the hand grip installs, so you are left with a gap on both sides between the hand grip and the switches. If you push them on completely they will rub on the end of the bar and will drag the throttle. Then the bolt that holds the end cap vibrated loose and the nut fell inside the handle bar and I lost the cap.

I actually went to some bar ends and some regular hand grips due to that issue.

Long story short, do not buy.

I have those first ones.

They arent long enough to cover the entire end of the bar where the hand grip installs, so you are left with a gap on both sides between the hand grip and the switches. If you push them on completely they will rub on the end of the bar and will drag the throttle. Then the bolt that holds the end cap vibrated loose and the nut fell inside the handle bar and I lost the cap.

Thanks for the review, I will have to get a report on the Driven D3 grips now to see if those suffice! I like the looks since it would compliment my 2005 color sceme

Does anyone have experience with these grips off ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hand...9458248QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They look a lot like the D3 ones, but at a fraction of the price with endcaps too.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/68/28527/ITEM/Driven-D3-Grips.aspx

Any comments welcomed. They look like a sweet addition to my 2005 setup.

Thanks,

Ok update, since the first ebay grips have a bad review, does anyone have the second link for the Driven D3 grips installed? How are they and what is the comfort level with them installed? Thanks again for your responses!

Hey Mike , if your looking to match color schemes, Im doing a MAXGASSER with red stitching now (LOL)

Ok update, since the first ebay grips have a bad review, does anyone have the second link for the Driven D3 grips installed? How are they and what is the comfort level with them installed? Thanks again for your responses!
Check this post out started by Chris in Sean's Morley Muscle section: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=12526
Perhaps he can expand upon his initial reaction now that winter is upon us.

I have those first ones.

Well that blows.....so I just throwed bucks away.

Wire

Well that blows.....so I just throwed bucks away.

Wire

I bought them from another ebay seller and complained they are not designed for the bike and was refunded all costs.

The other BIG BIG issue with them is the metal ring that says Yoshimura on it. It seriously reduces the amount of grip area. Half my hand is literally on it making it hard to have a secure grip on the bike.

The other other problem is the thinner ring; if you have black hand grips it will scratch them.

Make ur bike happy and get some kuryakyn iso grips in black or some sport rizoma :p
ok the price is different but the quality is wow

We sell the D3 grips and they are very nice. It's hard to say on these knock off's if they will be decent but for the money they are a good buy.

Sean

Hey Sean,
Do you still have the D3's? Do you still like them? Can I use them with my cheap plastic "throttle lock", do you think?

I do have the D3's and a few different colors on hand though I can get any of the color combinations. Not sure if the throttle locks will work.

Sean

Well shoot, I fired before reading far enough and ordered up a pair that looks like these from fleabay. Seller did them for $13.99 for me. We'll hold out judgement until I see them in person. I was looking for a smaller diameter grip than the stock foam grips. I'll use some thread locker on the inner screw that threads into the cam that should hold the bar end plug in place, hopefully I wont have some of the issues some others have had with them.

If they suck, it won't be the first second, or third time I've bought grips for a bike only to instantly decide I hate them and make another change, lol.

The stock grips I actually like but note that they are NOT foam grips. The D3 and knock off's have a good feel too.

Sean

Does anybody know if cramp busters or bar end mirrors will work with the D3's?

Back