New Vmax owner and loving it!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrape

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to be here and great to finally own a Vmax. The bike has always been eye candy for me and now I get to finally ride one of my own. I have had bikes most of my life but sold my last bike about 5 years ago and got away from riding. It was a green Kawasaki ZRX 1100, so you can see why I may have gravitated toward a Vmax. I am retired now and needed a bike to work on and ride for some quality time. It is a 2003 and I have gone over it with fluids/filters ect to make sure it was up to date and familiarize myself with the bike. I've had it out several times now and am pleased with no regrets. The previous owner said the body kit came from Germany and has new tires, battery with the carbs and forks done recently. Great running machine and I have always admired them so when it was time to pull the trigger on a new bike, I saw this one and had to have it! Great to be here and have already started to dig in. Tired of reading manuals and watching YouTube so here I am to continue learning the bike and taking it to the next level, wherever that leads me.

Attachments

• Vmax 1.jpg
    Vmax 1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Vmax 2.jpg
    Vmax 2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Vmax 3.jpg
    Vmax 3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1
Thank you Onetwomany and I found it to be unique, so I took it home. The purists in the group may not agree with you but I think we can all agree that any Vmax has appeal to the eye. The tail section and solo seat work is what I like the best with this bike. I don;t think I will ever sell it.

I have no qualms about saying it, a VMax and a H-D are alike in that you can make it into what your vision for it is to be. If you leave it stock, it's still a well-performing bike. If you modify it then it can be almost anything you can imagine, your only limit may be your bank account. The bike is old-enough to be considered a vintage ride with a performance kick to it, because when it was released, it spanked about anything stock. No it's not a GSXR or an FZR, both of whom were within a couple of years of the introduction of the Gen. 1, but it outlasted all the other power cruisers.

Scrape's bike is an example of a modded VMax, and shows what can be done to them to make it a personal vision of a hard-charger with a different look.

Back