No charge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joker69

Reaction score
I road my max to work in the morning and it ran great. When I left work that afternooon, it barely turned over and then it was dead. I had someone give it a boost and it ran for awhile. Then when I would take off it would lose power and die. It acted like the battery wasn't getting charged and only half of the pistons were running. The battery is only a year old. Any ideas where I should begin to look. Thanks for any help.:confused2::th_biggun:

battery first. they can go much quicker. make sure theres fluid in it.

In addition to the above----
Check and clean connections to brite lead and make sure the battery hold down strap in holding the battery from shaking around.
Also check alternater output at idle and at higher RPM( around 4500). Some one here will tell you what the voltage should be.
Lew

Start with this thread http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=994 It is a good way to find out if it is your battery or the charging system. The VMax charging system is not very good to begin with, so any issues with it has major effects on its ability to charge a battery.

spend the money and put a speedcell in it. Weight loss, extra room, and turns over better than a regular battery. If you want some info on them let me know and i'll get my buddy lyle to come over here and give you the low down on it.

Latest posts

Back