oil drain valve

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
neat idea, never saw these before. pricey but you'll save money on crush washers and if you're in the market for a new plug anyways:

Link here

Manf Link
Oelablass-Anleitung-6er-engl-500.jpg

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Produ...m=Base&utm_campaign=Oil Coolers & Accessories

There is one called the Fumoto (sp?) drain valve that I have used on 2 Miata's, a Durango and a Mountaineer and they work great. Especially the Miatas as I had to jack them up to change the oil as they were so low to the ground. Adding the valves and a remote oil filter kit solved the problem. They have several models to chose from. Just another option. Haven't used on a bike though as they are so easy to change the oil.

That's a freaking cool idea!

$50 seems higher 'na cats back tho'

yea. i could see if you needed a new one for some reason plus some savings on crush washers.

but for the average guy probably not.

yea. i could see if you needed a new one for some reason plus some savings on crush washers.

but for the average guy probably not.

I say it is worth it, keeping the mess to a minimum, plus the convenience of it. I will need to change my oil soon and might seriously concider this option. :punk:

G

It would help me out a bit now that I have a belly pan. It's out past the drain valve opening. Been using newspaper as a guide to this point.......

These are really common on boats where the only other option is to vacuum it out the dipstick. They work well enough though the ones I've seen tend to drain very slowly...10-15 min to drain the pan even with warm oil. I'd usually go with the vacuum pump with got 90% of it out in a minute or so.

Back