oil light comes on

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowandfast

Reaction score
Yup, If I am really in it shifting at redline the oil light will come on and stay on for alot longer than I would like to see.

Is that normal?

and yes the oil is filled to the top of the sight glass when the bike is on the center stand.

Jeremy

That is normal and you will get use to it. The level senser is in the front part of the oil pan and the oil pick up is at the rear so no worry.

you can add a little more oil and that should help reduce the on light time or actually prevent it from coming on. not much just a tad more.

My 94's light comes on under mild acceleration. Pressure Gauge stays normal. All is good...

Do any of the Noobs who show up here ever think to use the search function? Damn, this may sound bitter, but this question pops up continuously and gets answered again and again. Search the forums first, ask questions if you can't find the answer......

Off rant.

Do any of the Noobs who show up here ever think to use the search function? Damn, this may sound bitter, but this question pops up continuously and gets answered again and again. Search the forums first, ask questions if you can't find the answer......

Off rant.

agreed, however i think the search functionality could be improved.

Jim,

Off Topic, New Question: I put my Super Brace on Backwards, On purpose. I like the look better..
Will it still do it's job correctly... Bet you haven't heard that before..:rofl_200:
Just teasin ya Bro, actually a real question though...

Jim,

Off Topic, New Question: I put my Super Brace on Backwards, On purpose. I like the look better..
Will it still do it's job correctly... Bet you haven't heard that before..:rofl_200:
Just teasin ya Bro, actually a real question though...

ROFLMAO!!! Yes it would still work the same. You are correct that is the first time I have ever heard that one!!! Guess I am getting jaded in my old age when it comes to answering questions. Oil light coming on, what oil should I use, or what tires should I run...... very searchable. Just feeling grumpy I guess!!!

Thanx Jim... There are times I don't enter what the search engine wants and I can't find a thing.... Darn, I must be
getting UnGrumpy in my old age.... Oh No.... BTW: I was newer here and asked the Oil Light Question too...:rofl_200:

Jim, since rebuilding my carbs I was able to shorten the carb chains by a considerable amount. I cut up the left overs into short peices which I intend to wrap around my rear wheel for winter driving. I have no doubt these will help a great deal on the snow & ice this winter, and probably even the leaves but there are several large equistrian concerns in the area....my question is: will these chains also work on wet, soggy horse-shit? :confused2:

Jim, since rebuilding my carbs I was able to shorten the carb chains by a considerable amount. I cut up the left overs into short peices which I intend to wrap around my rear wheel for winter driving. I have no doubt these will help a great deal on the snow & ice this winter, and probably even the leaves but there are several large equistrian concerns in the area....my question is: will these chains also work on wet, soggy horse-shit? :confused2:

Absolutely Dan-o!!! They are also incredible in bullshit as well!! They get amazing traction AND a performance boost as well, just be careful as they will sling bullshit everywhere:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Absolutely Dan-o!!! They are also incredible in bullshit as well!! They get amazing traction AND a performance boost as well, just be careful as they will sling bullshit everywhere:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

:hmmm: Could that be why no-one wants to ride with me?? :confused2:

My buddy w/a Shovelhead he bought new (1980/80" LowRider) said "none of the Evo & newer guys want to ride behind me because when they get home, their bike & clothes are peppered w/little blobs of oil!" I have experienced the phenomonon myself. You wouldn't know it as his bike doesn't smoke excessively or piddle in a puddle when stopped.

My buddy w/a Shovelhead he bought new (1980/80" LowRider) said "none of the Evo & newer guys want to ride behind me because when they get home, their bike & clothes are peppered w/little blobs of oil!" I have experienced the phenomonon myself. You wouldn't know it as his bike doesn't smoke excessively or piddle in a puddle when stopped.

Cheap undercoating but not much of an endorsement to buy HD! :punk:

Latest posts

Back