Oil Pressure Kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shicks16

Reaction score
i have been eyeing up a Cycle one off oil pressure kit for some time now, i was just curious what everyones experience is with these, ideally i want to get a kit that mounts to the speedo, only thing is the only ones i can see on the site are chrome and i want a black mount with a white face gauge, also does anyone have any pics of their setups, i seem to remember cop runner mentioning he had his all blacked out, any pics of that one? thanks

His is the black on black gauge. I suppose you can go with a white faced gauge then scuff the housing with some scotch brite, then hit it with some paint.
Tom is a good guy to deal with, have you shot him an email about what your looking for? He just may have it.
I mounted my gauge in the instrument cluster, a few other's out there have a similar setup too.

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 63
  • P1030119.JPG
    P1030119.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 47
Ive got the water pump mounted gauge, and like it except for the fact its hard to see down by my right foot. One of these days I will get around to mounting it up on the bars where I can actually see it with a quick glance!

I have a handlebar mount one. It was pictured as a chrome mount, but it arrived in black. I have the "basic" gauge, which is easy to read and looks just fine. Mine went from box to bike in about 15 minutes....mounted it on the handlebar to the right of the clamp. Doesn't interfere with the OEM flyscreen, doesn't block the view of the speedo mounted shift light.

Only problem is it's not backlit, so invisible at night. A glow-in-the-dark needle or something would be nice.

Some people have had issues with the oil galley adapter leaking, but I used a Subaru crush washer (search it) and teflon tape and have had zero leaks for like 2 months now, so I think it isn't going to.

I had the oil light pop on twice tonight under light to moderate acceleration. Couldn't see the gauge so I got out of the throttle both times. I checked the oil level when I left here and it was to the top of the glass... :ummm: Wish the gauge could be lit... I'm sure it is all fine inside the engine. The light's sure coming on easy though...

so it sounds like they are pretty easy to install, that was my one worry, i don't want to be drilling into my bike or anything like that, i might have to do a trip to my local Subaru dealer and see if i can pick up one of those crush washers, so its just the crush washer that goes on the drain plug?

i have been talking back and forth to Tom about what set up i want and i think i have it all figured out, i don't want to spill the beans yet but it looks like its going to be a shift light and pressure gauge with a one piece bracket, will do the full unveil when i get it installed in a couple weeks but i think its going to look sick!

i have been talking back and forth to Tom about what set up i want and i think i have it all figured out, i don't want to spill the beans yet but it looks like its going to be a shift light and pressure gauge with a one piece bracket, will do the full unveil when i get it installed in a couple weeks but i think its going to look sick!

Ahhh your inner monkey has been talking with you :clapping:

Drain Plug???? It's the plug on the right side. And, It's about a 10 minute install once you figure how to mount the Gauge and run the hose...

I am going to guess that it will look like this...

Attachments

• DSC00856.jpg
    DSC00856.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Back