OK noobiet question #2... Front coils?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't pay much attention to the spark plug wires when I took them off the front coils.
So naturally when I went to put them back on, I couldn't figure out which coil goes to which cylinder. The only picture in the manual doesn't show which is which either!
So I assumed the left coil went to the left cylinder and the right coil to the right cylinder?
But being how they are mounted facing the opposite cylinder It's makes a little more sense that they are cross wired.
So which is the correct way for the front coils?
Left to left, right to right, or left coil to right cylinder and right coil to left cylinder?
I thought they were left to left and so on till I put the rubber boot back up under and noticed the spark plug wires were pulled pretty tight. So now I'm doubting I did it right!

Try whatever. If it runs like shit, swap 'em. It'll miss and backfire like crazy if it's wrong.

Mark

Originally on mine the left coil went right and the right coil to the left. I changed that though.

Mark

That is correct, the coil opening faces the cylinder it plugs into. So the left faces the right and right faces the left.

Sean

I swapped the front coils and flipped them around to make it easier to change the wires next time.

Mark

That is correct, the coil opening faces the cylinder it plugs into. So the left faces the right and right faces the left.

Sean

Thanks Sean.
Ya Know... If they ever have an election for a new VMOA President, I'm voting for you and contributing to your campaign!
You totally Rock!
:punk:

Back